Professor Chaos So unprofessional
2 2

140 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Professor Chaos said:

Did I change the price on the post from 1700 to 1850 after we agreed on 1700? Yes or no please?

J2dac, answer this question please. It speaks directly to motive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, wombat said:

This should be unacceptable. Plenty of terrible excuses why the sale was pulled, but nothing valid.

Valid?  My book. I wasn't good with sending to the buyers old address and he'll pick it up there. My decision. I don't know him and he has no posts on this board prior to "I'll take it" on my post. To me the only shenagins here was asking me to send it to an address not on his paypal then asking me to send it to an address where he does not live. I don't take chances like that with that kind of money and with people I do not know at all especially how easy it is for a seller to got robbed now using paypal. If I get bad vibes, even a whiff that something isnt right, I'm out.

And now in this sewing circle I'm even getting accused  by know it alls of upping the price after the agreement was made. I've sold a lot of comics here and never had a problem. I've always accepted reasonable offers and everyone was happy every time.

Most people would say OK no sale and move on. Its not like theres a shortage of WWBN 32's out there. 

So here is what's valid to me: My comic, my money, my risk. I made a decision. I returned the money. I was leary just selling to a person with no posts, then when the shipping address issue arose I decided not to proceed. Again my comic, my money, my risk, my decision.  Nothing shady about that.

 

 

Edited by Professor Chaos
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 The answer is yes that was a factor in my decision to call it off.  And I have made it clear here repeatedly the same reason in detail as to why I chose not to proceed.  And if the person simply kept his shipping address up to date on paypal this would not have happened. Again my comic, my risk, my decision. I'm sorry so many of you have a problem with me not sending an expensive comic to an apartment which the buyer no longer resides and hope whoever lives there now and signs for it and gives it to him.  I've sold thousands of comics in my life. Thousands. 99 % of the time all goes well. Sometimes deals don't go through and you simply deal with it. 

 

Edited by Professor Chaos
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Professor Chaos said:

 The answer is yes that was a factor in my decision to call it off.  And I have made it clear here repeatedly the same reason in detail as to why I chose not to proceed.  And if the person simply kept his shipping address up to date on paypal this would not have happened. Again my comic, my risk, my decision. I'm sorry so many of you have a problem with me not sending an expensive comic to an apartment which the buyer no longer resides and hope whoever lives there now and signs for it and gives it to him.  I've sold thousands of comics in my life. Thousands. 99 % of the time all goes well. Sometimes deals don't go through and you simply deal with it. 

 

Probably not here.

If you have other venues you might want to send your books there from now on.

Unless you were a turd there as well?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NP_Gresham said:

Probably not here.

If you have other venues you might want to send your books there from now on.

Unless you were a turd there as well?

 

Explain how I was a turd? I refunded his money for the reason I've stated. I do realize that a lot of you on this board are just bored and I understand very well the way mob mentality works. But why don't you elaborate, be specific about how I was a turd. Can you do that? Are you capable? I have faith in you, you can do it. And for all of you - Tell me exactly what rule I broke here? A person with no history here wants me to send an expensive comic to an apartment where he no longer resides after he had already wanted me to send it to an address that doesn't match his paypal account. I chose not too. So maybe one of you who know so much about so much could tell me exactly what rule or law I broke. 

I told him before he paid very clearly that he needs to sign for this book upon delivery. So tell me how can he sign for it if he doesn't even live there?

Edited by Professor Chaos
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You still don’t get it. When you are old enough maybe one day you will. This is like closing on a house and two days later you find out the deal was off and no one bothered to inform you. Less I told you to send it to the current PayPal address and you never Express that there was an issue. I had to reach out to you after I saw the refund. The unprofessionalism is a question here. At least if you backed out of the deal it would’ve been courteous for you to let me know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1. You canceled on a deal without notifying the other party .

2. When I reached out to you You did not give me a straight answer and told me you were canceling because PayPal and eBay don’t have phone support.

3. Then On this post you try to make it seem that I Still wanted you to ship to a different address than the one on my PayPal when you knew I was OK with you shipping it to my PayPal address . Trying to be deceiving.

4. As per our last conversation you did not let me know that you were I’m uncomfortable shipping to my current PayPal address so at least we could work it out. I could’ve contacted PayPal and have them change it or just went into PayPal myself and change the shipping address and all your fears would’ve been put to rest. But you never gave any of that opportunity to happen.

At this point as soon as I figure out how to  Nominate this issue for the PL I shell.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm older than you. I know this because I looked you up. 1,700 dollars is a lot of money to me.

I sent your money back 100% right after you informed me that you do not live at the residence listed on your paypal account anymore. I don't know you. I don't know who lives at that old apartment now. You're probably an honest hard woking good person.  Next time keep your paypal information up to date and this won't happen.  I'm sorry that this has you so upset. 

And while youre here can you explain to the nice people here who are accusing me of raising the price posted from 1,700.00 to 1850.00 then selling it to someone else for 1850.00 that the asking price on the post was 1,850.00 the entire time. 

And I'm not decieving anybody. You do not live at the residence in which you want me to ship the comic. I'm not taking that chance.  I will not do that. How many times do I have to say this? 

So if you feel the need to try to make it so I can't sell here anymore go ahead if it will make you feel better.  I'm as straight up as it gets when it comes to buying and selling comics on any platform but when it comes to private sales with people I don't know and an issue arises with the shipping address I choose to err on the side of caution which I believe I have the right to do. And its nothing personal at all. 

Edited by Professor Chaos
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Professor Chaos said:

 

Would you like the police to come to my house and force me to sell a comic to you? 

I hate when this happens!

Matter of fact, it's a imaginary police in my head saying "Buy this book, buy that book, bwahahaha"

In all seriousness you are in the right, if the address on the paypal account doesn't match the address they want you to ship the book too, it sounds downright suspect. You have no idea who you are shipping the book too.

They could have got that guys paypal account and laundered the money through a comic book, and if it did turn out to be a fraud then you are stuck with the bill and no comic book!

Now if it's on the other hand that you got a better deal and that is why you closed the deal, then that is your fault.

But only you know your own heart.

2c

Edited by Hollywood1892
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, J2dac said:

OMG I said it was fine to send to my old address when you said it would be a problem so what are you talking about???

1C046E50-A411-4B66-9BEA-5E795A35C624.png

But then you say send it to old address...I think PC was erring on the side of caution. These things happen, sometimes deals fall through

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, comicdonna said:

, I just asked my wife if she thought I was a weirdo and she said no, so there...

Lucky you!

lol

But in all seriousness if he got a better offer after he made the deal then it is shady

But there are alot of scammers out there as I have explained previously.

I think this could have been handled in private...

Me personally, I spend several thousands of dollars to buy books and I want to have all my eggs in a row and all my ducks in one basket before I pull the trigger on something, and I want both the buyer and seller to be happy long after the deal is done

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Lucky you!

lol

But in all seriousness if he got a better offer after he made the deal then it is shady

But there are alot of scammers out there as I have explained previously.

I think this could have been handled in private...

Me personally, I spend several thousands of dollars to buy books and I want to have all my eggs in a row and all my ducks in one basket before I pull the trigger on something, and I want both the buyer and seller to be happy long after the deal is done

Hi thank you. If the case is that I got a better offer after J2 paid me then I guess I got pretty lucky that an issue arose with the shipping address which gave me an excuse to refund his money. And I feel sending an expensive comic to an address which the buyer no longer lives could be considered an issue. For all I know meth heads live at his old address. Its not exactly Beverely Hills up there.

So I guess I got lucky that he gave me an excuse to refund his money in order to sell it to another for 150.00 more. Either that or I'm psychic.

And it was handled in private, but then he decided to come here and make it the whole worlds business. And instead of people telling him to relax he's out no money and its only damn comic book which is very plentiful they decide to accuse me of scamming him. Now I'm stuck here defending myself to a bunch of strangers.

 

Edited by Professor Chaos
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Professor Chaos said:

Hi thank you. If the case is that I got a better offer after J2 paid me then I guess I got pretty lucky that an issue arose with the shipping address which gave me an excuse to refund his money. And I feel sending an expensive comic to an address which the buyer no longer lives could be considered an issue. For all I know meth heads live at his old address. Its not exactly Beverely Hills up there.

So I guess I got lucky that he gave me an excuse to refund his money in order to sell it to another for 150.00 more. Either that or I'm psychic.

 

 

You have defended yourself well!

As I have said, only you know your intentions 

Now a solid move would be sending him a $150 book to show it wasn't about the money!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
2 2