• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CgcinhousesigningEASTMAN&Bishopp37Ramosp42Frank&Johnsonp43 ChrisEvansp44 Ferrigno&Ottley&DragonBallp45Clayton&KatDennings&JamesTynionpg46Olsen&Battanypg47
9 9

938 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, StillOnly25Cents said:

submit in May receive back in November

so normal turnaround times then :popcorn:

Probably mid July we should be receiving them back :foryou: 

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Probably mid July we should be receiving them back :foryou: 

2021?

as previously noted the Florida con has been rescheduled to the end of October

the signings were to take place in conjunction with that con because CGC HQ is within the market .... all indications now point to them holding the books until the end of October for this signing .... I don't see them flying in the artists before then for an additional signing  .... will wait for official word from CGC but based on what Delta posted these still need to be submitted this month (unless they move the deadline back and extend free membership allowance) to be held until the October event reschedule.

1 minute ago, StillOnly25Cents said:

2021?

as previously noted the Florida con has been rescheduled to the end of October

the signings were to take place in conjunction with that con because CGC HQ is within the market .... all indications now point to them holding the books until the end of October for this signing .... I don't see them flying in the artists before then for an additional signing  .... will wait for official word from CGC but based on what Delta posted these still need to be submitted this month (unless they move the deadline back and extend free membership allowance) to be held until the October event reschedule.

lol I don't think that'll happen but you make a good point, so we shall see :foryou: 

I was just thinking if these artists already had airplane tickets and hotel accommodations set up, they'd want to get paid as much as anyone. 

But it makes sense if it's pushed back, unless if the new timeslot doesn't agree with said artist etc and need to do it as scheduled in June or whenever...

I'm just hoping lol

Best I can do :)

@StillOnly25Cents

New email!

Everyone is bummed that we can’t head to our favorite comic con to get our books signed, but CGC has the next best thing — we’re bringing the writers and artists here! Many industry greats have agreed to do CGC In-House Private Signings: Frank Miller,George Perez, Clayton Crain, Chris Claremont, Tom King, Scott Snyder and Donny Cates and Ryan Stegman (a dual signing!). They will all be heading to CGC headquarters on their own separate dates to sign your mailed-in submissions. With these events, CGC’s goal is to provide an opportunity that fans have been missing, so each signing is open to everyone (no paid membership necessary!). More info and submission deadlines here.

Just some of the excellent reasons why you should get in on CGC In-House Private Signings:

1. The CGC In-House Private Signings are a rare opportunity to get a signature during this time.
  2. CGC free members can submit to these events.
  3. We will offer virtual interactions on our social channels while the signings are taking place.
  4. We have expedited turnaround times for each signing.
  5. It's easy to send in your submission, but hurry the deadlines are coming up quick!
  6. These private signings will continue even if comic events get cancelled this year.

CGC refusing to facilitate Miller + Claremont signings while the book is @ their facility is just plain frustrating

To CGC Staff & Management: This is a real bummer and makes it very inconvenient and costly for your customers. Can someone at CGC explain why a book can't be signed by Frank Miller on one day, then carefully stored until Claremont arrives, and on his day it's brought out of storage so Chris can sign it too? I know you can do this if it's something that would benefit your customers, right? We would really appreciate it if you would reconsider your policy here. Honestly, please make a special case for Claremont & Miller here and let's try prototyping if this can work for future signings. Please take this request to the highest level in management at CGC. I would love to hear from that person on this forum. Thank you!  

Edited by MockGecko

1 hour ago, Shawngk said:

Making window bags for the signing and I made them so the bag opens on the bottom.  Does that matter?

If you're bagging the books, no.  If you're sending a bag for a slab to be cracked, you'll want to clearly note it so you're signature placement isn't screwed up. 

1 hour ago, Chazgee said:

If you're bagging the books, no.  If you're sending a bag for a slab to be cracked, you'll want to clearly note it so you're signature placement isn't screwed up. 

Just got an email from Cgc.  It said they prefer  top.  No problem.  Bags are cheap, just need to recut a few.  All good.

Marvel Cover Artist, Greg Horn, Joins CGC for a Private In-House Signing

CGC is thrilled to announce that comic book artist Greg Horn has agreed to do an In-House Private Signing. Horn is best known as a cover artist for Marvel Comics. He arrived at Marvel in 1999 sporting a sensational new form of computer art, ushering in the digital art movement that dominates the comic industry to this day. As a cover illustrator, he is also acclaimed for his pinup prints and posters of female characters.

“Hey everyone, Greg Horn here. I’m super-bummed about all these convention cancellations as I know a lot of you were looking forward to getting your comic books signed. Most of all I am missing the interaction with fans and art lovers from around the country. However, I think the private signing at CGC’s office will be a great solution! I’ll be autographing all submissions live, and I was told I’ll be able to chit-chat with people online and even make personal calls! It will be just like a convention without the con crud! I think I’ll spice things up by remarking a few random books, and I’ll also throw in a few of my vaunted full signatures to boot! So, send something that catches my eye or makes me extremely happy (hint, hint).”

For Horn’s CGC In-House Private Signing, both free and paid CGC members can submit collectibles directly to CGC headquarters in Florida. CGC will coordinate with Horn for the collectibles to be signed in mid-July.

If the CGC In-House Private Signing needs to be rescheduled due to show postponements or cancellations, travel restrictions or other reasons, CGC will securely store all submissions in its vault until the event can be rescheduled.

After Horn signs the collectibles, CGC will grade them with expedited turnaround times of three weeks for grading or six weeks for grading and pressing. Collectibles are then shipped back to their owners.

The CGC In-House Private Signing fee of $70 per item includes:

• Greg Horn’s signature
  • Expedited turnaround time of three weeks for CGC grading
  • Expedited turnaround time of six weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS pressing)
  • Encapsulation with CGC’s iconic yellow Signature Series label

CGC must receive all submissions for this event at its Florida headquarters by Friday, June 26, 2020.

Submission Instructions

For this CGC In-House Private Signing event, you can ship submissions directly to CGC with a FREE membership. Paid memberships are also available and include additional benefits. For more information and to join, visit CGCcomics.com/join.

PLEASE NOTE: Log into your account or sign up for an account HERE.
  • Click Submit in the CGC website navigation and select Submission Forms.
  • Next to Comics / Magazines, select Online Form.
  • Select Comic or Magazine from the drop-down menu, then select Private Signing and IN-HOUSE SIGNING – GREG HORN from the dropdown menu in that section.
  • Under Services, select Grading and, if you would like it, Pressing. Then hit Next in the top right section of the form.
  • Enter the information requested for your comic, and make sure to check the box next to GREG HORN under Private Signing Details.
  • On the next screen, you can add one of CGC’s custom Marvel labels to your submission for qualifying books.
  • Select Add to Cart, and then repeat if there are additional books in your submission. If there are no additional books in your submission, click on the cart icon and proceed to checkout.
  • Note: If you want to submit magazines, please group them together on their own private signing form separate from comic submissions. The same rule applies for any custom labels. Please group them together on their own private signing form separate from non-custom labels. To see the available labels, click HERE.
  • Put ALL ungraded books in window bags or they will not be accepted.
  • Books that are already certified by CGC, including CGC Signature Series books, can be submitted for this event. CGC will remove a CGC-certified book from its holder an additional $5 fee.
  • Carefully package books in a box for shipment. If you need a CGC shipping kit, they can be purchased HERE.
  • Please write GH on all sides of the box.
  • Books will be received into CGC’s system when they arrive and will be safely stored by CGC until the event. (Please note: Payments are processed as they normally are: at the time of the collectibles’ arrival at CGC.)
  • Once books are signed, they will start an expedited CGC grading process.

All submissions must be received by CGC no later than Friday, June 26, 2020, to qualify for this private signing event. No change requests will be accepted after Friday, June 26, 2020.

Membership credits cannot be applied to CGC In-House Private Signings.

*No Multi-Sigs included with other signings.

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmcusercontent.com
mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmcusercontent.com
Above are examples of window bags accepted by CGC
Learn More

P.O. Box 4738 • Sarasota, FL 34230 • 877-NM-COMIC (662-6642) 
CGCcomics.com • email CGC@cgccomics.com

Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
Website

On 5/8/2020 at 1:32 PM, MockGecko said:

CGC refusing to facilitate Miller + Claremont signings while the book is @ their facility is just plain frustrating

To CGC Staff & Management: This is a real bummer and makes it very inconvenient and costly for your customers. Can someone at CGC explain why a book can't be signed by Frank Miller on one day, then carefully stored until Claremont arrives, and on his day it's brought out of storage so Chris can sign it too? I know you can do this if it's something that would benefit your customers, right? We would really appreciate it if you would reconsider your policy here. Honestly, please make a special case for Claremont & Miller here and let's try prototyping if this can work for future signings. Please take this request to the highest level in management at CGC. I would love to hear from that person on this forum. Thank you!  

Consider this taking a book from one convention to another getting signed.  Just because the location is HQ doesn't mean it will be the same staff assisting or the same room etc.  It is logistics imo holding it back.  Then what happens in the event that someone subs for Miller and Claremont, Miller is due 1st to sign and cancels.  They would have to contact each person to determine if they still want the Claremont sig, because maybe just the 1 is a deal breaker at that point?

And trust me I would love them to find a way that works for them to do multi-sigs that doesn't make their already limited work environment chaotic.

The customer is not always right unfortunately.

On 5/12/2020 at 2:48 PM, Chazgee said:

I wish they would do a Sienkiewicz signing.

On 5/12/2020 at 3:47 PM, Gator Guru said:

I was hoping since Kubert was on the con schedule he would be available as well. Im assuming more to come..

Brittany from CGC did an interview on a stream yesterday where she mentioned she is working on lots more private signings for this year and wanted community feedback as it is in almost everyone’s best interest that they bring in talent with the most appeal ... they ar looking for the best avenue to obtain feedback on a wishlist but I would assume feedback on these boards is a good starting point (JR Sr please 😀)

here is the link to the interview which is fairly long, detailed, and enjoyable

https://youtu.be/6Mx5ST-Musw

7 hours ago, Crops068 said:

Consider this taking a book from one convention to another getting signed.  Just because the location is HQ doesn't mean it will be the same staff assisting or the same room etc.  It is logistics imo holding it back.  Then what happens in the event that someone subs for Miller and Claremont, Miller is due 1st to sign and cancels.  They would have to contact each person to determine if they still want the Claremont sig, because maybe just the 1 is a deal breaker at that point?

And trust me I would love them to find a way that works for them to do multi-sigs that doesn't make their already limited work environment chaotic.

as you said, as much as everyone would want this it presents a logistical challenge and until that can be properly addressed to satisfy all parties and concerns it’s just how it has to be

this is also addressed in the interview linked above

20 hours ago, StillOnly25Cents said:
On 5/12/2020 at 3:48 PM, Chazgee said:

I wish they would do a Sienkiewicz signing.

On 5/12/2020 at 4:47 PM, Gator Guru said:

I was hoping since Kubert was on the con schedule he would be available as well. Im assuming more to come..

Brittany from CGC did an interview on a stream yesterday where she mentioned she is working on lots more private signings for this year and wanted community feedback as it is in almost everyone’s best interest that they bring in talent with the most appeal ... they ar looking for the best avenue to obtain feedback on a wishlist but I would assume feedback on these boards is a good starting point (JR Sr please 😀)

here is the link to the interview which is fairly long, detailed, and enjoyable

https://youtu.be/6Mx5ST-Musw

On 5/14/2020 at 11:02 AM, Crops068 said:

as you said, as much as everyone would want this it presents a logistical challenge and until that can be properly addressed to satisfy all parties and concerns it’s just how it has to be

this is also addressed in the interview linked above

Great video, thanks for providing that!

Lord, I have to figure out what I want to send in this weekend, and I'm overwhelmed on who & what books would be good choices. I think I'm going to submit for Perez, Claremont and Miller. Crain and Cates would be secondary choices, but I'll probably wait on them for another time.

Now, what books for Perez, Claremont and Miller....   I was going to submit an Astonishing Tales 25 for Perez, but I think I'd only have a chance of a 9.8 on that book by going through an outside presser like Impressive Comics. So I think I'd rather shoot for the 9.8 with Impressive, than what I think would be a guaranteed lower grade with Perez's sig on it through CCS. Bummer.  Oh, the choices to figure out in the next 48 hours.....