• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CgcinhousesigningEASTMAN&Bishopp37Ramosp42Frank&Johnsonp43 ChrisEvansp44 Ferrigno&Ottley&DragonBallp45Clayton&KatDennings&JamesTynionpg46Olsen&Battanypg47
9 9

938 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Legion HQ said:

Lord, I have to figure out what I want to send in this weekend, and I'm overwhelmed on who & what books would be good choices. I think I'm going to submit for Perez, Claremont and Miller. Crain and Cates would be secondary choices, but I'll probably wait on them for another time.

Now, what books for Perez, Claremont and Miller....   I was going to submit an Astonishing Tales 25 for Perez, but I think I'd only have a chance of a 9.8 on that book by going through an outside presser like Impressive Comics. So I think I'd rather shoot for the 9.8 with Impressive, than what I think would be a guaranteed lower grade with Perez's sig on it through CCS. Bummer.  Oh, the choices to figure out in the next 48 hours..... 

Lol it matters that you gave it thought, maybe go with your gut....

Sounds crude but instinctively you'll probably make a good decision :wishluck:

I over analyzed sending GSXM for Claremont with the GSXM label.

Now logically I feel.... let me put it this way, I'd rather have an issue with a gut decision than a logical one with things that can be proven and disproved lol

In short, I got so fixated on making a decision that I didn't consider sending my xmen 101 that is 8.0 and am not sure if it's been pressed rantrantkinda

But I hope there is excitement, that's the real success :tink:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

I wanted to send in a book for Perez to sign but damn those Avengers covers are super busy and George doesn’t exactly have the most stand out auto ... would have loved to have done 181 but just decided to pass this time

I did send in Wolverine 8 for Claremont .... I have no attachment to this book and would have leaned more toward sending in an X book (thought about 142 to sign in the sentinel blast area) but I thought Wolverine 8 would present really nice and is a cool cover

Miller was more than I’d be willing to spend 

Ps. There was a new signing announced yesterday (Mike Mayhew) that I didn’t see anyone (Adamantium 😉) post yet

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/8299/

On 5/15/2020 at 6:33 PM, StillOnly25Cents said:

Much of Gracias :takeit:

CGC In-House Private Signing with Comic Book Illustrator Mike Mayhew

Posted on 5/14/2020

Mayhew_SIGNING_EMAIL120200505160314459.jpg

Spoiler

The latest comic book artist who has agreed to do a CGC In-House Private Signing is illustrator Mike Mayhew. Mayhew specializes in photo-realism and intense rendering of dynamic subjects, using an approach that ranges from state-of-the-art digital techniques to traditional watercolor and acrylic painting. He has worked on many variant covers, Star Wars books and other Marvel publications.

“I’m excited to bring the experience of getting my latest variants — or older stuff you may have collected — signed by me without leaving the comfort and safety of your own home,” Mayhew says. “The CGC In-House Private Signings make it possible for all fans to get their favorite works signed.”

For Mayhew’s CGC In-House Private Signing, both free and paid CGC members can submit collectibles directly to CGC headquarters in Florida. CGC will coordinate with Mayhew for the collectibles to be signed in mid-July.

If the CGC In-House Private Signing needs to be rescheduled due to travel restrictions or other reasons, CGC will securely store all submissions in its vault until the event can be rescheduled.

After Mayhew signs the collectibles, CGC will grade them with expedited turnaround times of three weeks for grading or six weeks for grading and pressing. Collectibles are then shipped back to their owners.

The CGC In-House Private Signing fee of $65 per item includes:

• Mike Mayhew’s signature
  • Expedited turnaround time of three weeks for CGC grading
  • Expedited turnaround time of six weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS pressing)
  • Encapsulation with CGC’s iconic yellow Signature Series label

CGC must receive all submissions for this event at its Florida headquarters by Friday, June 26, 2020.

Submission Instructions

For this CGC In-House Private Signing event, you can ship submissions directly to CGC with a FREE membership. Paid memberships are also available and include additional benefits. For more information and to join, visit CGCcomics.com/join.

To submit books for the signing:

window-bag-1_lg20200407105659241.jpg
window-bag-2_tb20200407105738085.jpg
Examples of window bags accepted by CGC
Click images to enlarge
  • Click Submit in the CGC website navigation and select Submission Forms.
  • Next to Comics / Magazines, select Online Form.
  • Select Comic or Magazine from the drop-down menu, then select Private Signing and IN-HOUSE SIGNING – MIKE MAYHEW from the dropdown menu in that section.
  • Under Services, select Grading and, if you would like it, Pressing. Then hit Next in the top right section of the form.
  • Enter the information requested for your comic, and make sure to check the box next to MIKE MAYHEW under Private Signing Details.
  • On the next screen, you can add one of CGC’s custom Marvel labels to your submission for qualifying books.
  • Select Add to Cart, and then repeat if there are additional books in your submission. If there are no additional books in your submission, click on the cart icon and proceed to checkout.
  • Note: If you want to submit magazines, please group them together on their own private signing form separate from comic submissions. The same rule applies for any custom labels. Please group them together on their own private signing form separate from non-custom labels. To see the available labels, click HERE.
  • Put ALL ungraded books in window bags or they will not be accepted.
  • Books that are already certified by CGC, including CGC Signature Series books, can be submitted for this event. CGC will remove a CGC-certified book from its holder an additional $5 fee.
  • Carefully package books in a box for shipment. If you need a CGC shipping kit, they can be purchased HERE.
  • Please write MM on all sides of the box.
  • Books will be received into CGC’s system when they arrive and will be safely stored by CGC until the event. (Please note: Payments are processed as they normally are: at the time of the collectibles’ arrival at CGC.)
  • Once books are signed, they will start an expedited CGC grading process.

PLEASE NOTE:

All submissions must be received by CGC no later than Friday, June 26, 2020, to qualify for this private signing event. No change requests will be accepted after Friday, June 26, 2020.

Membership credits cannot be applied to CGC In-House Private Signings.

*No Multi-Sigs included with other signings.

To be determined, for some reason not currently on the schedule...

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

52 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Lol it matters that you gave it thought, maybe go with your gut....

Sounds crude but instinctively you'll probably make a good decision :wishluck:

I over analyzed sending GSXM for Claremont with the GSXM label.

Now logically I feel.... let me put it this way, I'd rather have an issue with a gut decision than a logical one with things that can be proven and disproved lol

In short, I got so fixated on making a decision that I didn't consider sending my xmen 101 that is 8.0 and am not sure if it's been pressed rantrantkinda

But I hope there is excitement, that's the real success :tink:

Appreciate the advice. I think you're right. I'm going with my gut and hold back on the AT 25 with Perez. I'd rather shoot for the better chance of a 9.8 on it. I'll look for something else for him to sign. I'm just a sucker for an artist's first professional work, especially the legends. Oh well. Time to look over my copies of Crisis books!

For Claremont, I've got X-Men 137 and Avengers Annual 10. I think.

For Miller, I've got a couple issue of the Wolverine mini-series. It is rather a shame that they won't do both Miller and Claremont on those.

4 minutes ago, Legion HQ said:

Appreciate the advice. I think you're right. I'm going with my gut and hold back on the AT 25 with Perez. I'd rather shoot for the better chance of a 9.8 on it. I'll look for something else for him to sign. I'm just a sucker for an artist's first professional work, especially the legends. Oh well. Time to look over my copies of Crisis books!

For Claremont, I've got X-Men 137 and Avengers Annual 10. I think.

For Miller, I've got a couple issue of the Wolverine mini-series. It is rather a shame that they won't do both Miller and Claremont on those.

I hear you :)

dual signings were possible for some, but I'm sure they took extra planning....

I like the 137 and 10 idea pivotal books :)

that wolvie 1 limited will have another shot to add sigs after Miller, I'm hoping :wishluck:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Hey has anybody had a problem doing custom labels for the send in signing? Im sending two wolverine for the clayton crain private signing, but it doesn't give me the option for wolverine custom label.

Any info on this issue would be highly appreciated

On 5/17/2020 at 12:28 AM, Mike510 said:

Hey has anybody had a problem doing custom labels for the send in signing? Im sending two wolverine for the clayton crain private signing, but it doesn't give me the option for wolverine custom label.

I see the Wolverine label for Crain's signing. It's the 5th option down. If you're not seeing it, definitely call CGC first thing in the morning. You'll want to mail off the books to them tomorrow since they basically have to get there this week before the deadline.

Wolverine label.JPG

Edited by Legion HQ
added picture

On 5/17/2020 at 12:28 AM, Mike510 said:

Do you see the other labels there? You have to make sure the comic info autofills in all the blanks and also that its a marvel comic. The labels should auto-populate and its too new so it should be there as well still.

On 5/15/2020 at 7:33 PM, StillOnly25Cents said:

There was a new signing announced yesterday (Mike Mayhew) that I didn’t see anyone (Adamantium 😉) post yet

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/8299/

On 5/15/2020 at 8:01 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Posted on 5/14/2020

Looks like Mayhew was either cancelled or postponed. The link is no longer active and he's not currently on the schedule.

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/8231/

On 5/15/2020 at 7:01 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Much of Gracias :takeit:

Posted on 5/14/2020

Mayhew_SIGNING_EMAIL120200505160314459.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

The latest comic book artist who has agreed to do a CGC In-House Private Signing is illustrator Mike Mayhew. Mayhew specializes in photo-realism and intense rendering of dynamic subjects, using an approach that ranges from state-of-the-art digital techniques to traditional watercolor and acrylic painting. He has worked on many variant covers, Star Wars books and other Marvel publications.

“I’m excited to bring the experience of getting my latest variants — or older stuff you may have collected — signed by me without leaving the comfort and safety of your own home,” Mayhew says. “The CGC In-House Private Signings make it possible for all fans to get their favorite works signed.”

For Mayhew’s CGC In-House Private Signing, both free and paid CGC members can submit collectibles directly to CGC headquarters in Florida. CGC will coordinate with Mayhew for the collectibles to be signed in mid-July.

If the CGC In-House Private Signing needs to be rescheduled due to travel restrictions or other reasons, CGC will securely store all submissions in its vault until the event can be rescheduled.

After Mayhew signs the collectibles, CGC will grade them with expedited turnaround times of three weeks for grading or six weeks for grading and pressing. Collectibles are then shipped back to their owners.

The CGC In-House Private Signing fee of $65 per item includes:

• Mike Mayhew’s signature
  • Expedited turnaround time of six weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS pressing)

CGC must receive all submissions for this event at its Florida headquarters by Friday, June 26, 2020.

Submission Instructions

For this CGC In-House Private Signing event, you can ship submissions directly to CGC with a FREE membership. Paid memberships are also available and include additional benefits. For more information and to join, visit CGCcomics.com/join.

window-bag-1_lg20200407105659241.jpg
window-bag-2_tb20200407105738085.jpg
Examples of window bags accepted by CGC
Click images to enlarge
  • Select Comic or Magazine from the drop-down menu, then select Private Signing and IN-HOUSE SIGNING – MIKE MAYHEW from the dropdown menu in that section.
  • Under Services, select Grading and, if you would like it, Pressing. Then hit Next in the top right section of the form.
  • Enter the information requested for your comic, and make sure to check the box next to MIKE MAYHEW under Private Signing Details.
  • On the next screen, you can add one of CGC’s custom Marvel labels to your submission for qualifying books.
  • Select Add to Cart, and then repeat if there are additional books in your submission. If there are no additional books in your submission, click on the cart icon and proceed to checkout.
  • Note: If you want to submit magazines, please group them together on their own private signing form separate from comic submissions. The same rule applies for any custom labels. Please group them together on their own private signing form separate from non-custom labels. To see the available labels, click HERE.
  • Books that are already certified by CGC, including CGC Signature Series books, can be submitted for this event. CGC will remove a CGC-certified book from its holder an additional $5 fee.
  • Carefully package books in a box for shipment. If you need a CGC shipping kit, they can be purchased HERE.
  • Please write MM on all sides of the box.
  • Books will be received into CGC’s system when they arrive and will be safely stored by CGC until the event. (Please note: Payments are processed as they normally are: at the time of the collectibles’ arrival at CGC.)

PLEASE NOTE:

All submissions must be received by CGC no later than Friday, June 26, 2020, to qualify for this private signing event. No change requests will be accepted after Friday, June 26, 2020.

To be determined, for some reason not currently on the schedule...

2 minutes ago, Chazgee said:

Looks like Mayhew was either cancelled or postponed. The link is no longer active and he's not currently on the schedule.

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/8231/

Thank you, updated

CGC In-House Private Signing with Comic Industry Super-duo Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Conner

Posted on 5/18/2020

Conner&Palmiotti__SIGNING_EMAIL120200518113933236.jpg

CGC is excited to host comic industry super-duo Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Conner for an In-House Private Signing! Co-founders of PAPERFILMS, Palmiotti and Conner are currently working on the extremely well-received Harley Quinn relaunch and other Harley Quinn-related titles for DC Comics. Some of Palmiotti and Conner’s other popular titles include Daredevil and Punisher from Marvel Knights, X-O Zero, Johah Hex, Ninjak, Powergirl, Silk Spectre, Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman.

“I have been working with CGC for years, and I’m very excited to spend a day at their headquarters, signing books and interacting with all of the people who support us,” said Palmiotti. “I can’t wait to see what’s submitted, from our newer works to the classics that got us where we are today.”

Conner added, “While it looks like the conventions are going to be a bust this year, this CGC In-House Private Signing means you can still get signed comics! It won’t be the same as seeing all of your beautiful faces in person, but you can still fill out some of your collection.”

For Palmiotti and Conner’s CGC In-House Private Signing, both free and paid CGC members can submit collectibles directly to CGC headquarters in Florida. CGC will coordinate with Palmiotti and Conner for the collectibles to be signed in mid-July.

Books can be submitted for only Jimmy Palmiotti’s signature or for only Amanda Conner’s signature, or books can be submitted for both signatures! After Palmiotti and Conner sign the submitted books, CGC will grade and encapsulate them with an expedited turnaround time of only three weeks. If CCS pressing is also requested, the expedited turnaround time will be six weeks. After grading and encapsulation, the collectibles will be shipped back to their owners.

Check CGC social media channels for any signing and scheduling updates.

The fee for this CGC In-House Private Signing is $60 per item for Jimmy Palmiotti’s signature OR Amanda Conner’s signature, or $70 for both signatures per collectible. The applicable fee includes:

• The signature(s) of the creator(s)

Submission Instructions

• Select Comic or Magazine from the drop-down menu, then select Private Signing and IN-HOUSE SIGNING – JIMMY PALMIOTTI, IN-HOUSE SIGNING AMANDA CONNER, OR IN-HOUSE SIGNING – JIMMY AND AMANDA from the dropdown menu in that section.
  • Enter the information requested for your comic, and make sure to check the box next to JIMMY PALMIOTTI, AMANDA CONNER OR BOTH under Private Signing Details.
  • Please write JA on all sides of the box.

PLEASE NOTE:

All submissions must be received by CGC no later than Friday, June 26, 2020,to qualify for this private signing event. No change requests will be accepted after Friday, June 26, 2020.

17 minutes ago, StillOnly25Cents said:

there was however a new (duo) addition posted today

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/8317/

I know I've been busy but I ront know how I keep missing these announcements lol

I mean I check my email Haha

But thank you so much for helping!

I'm going to run out of room in the title, hopefully a few will happen and I can at least delete names to add new ones  :tink:

Hey guys,

New to online submissions, might be a dumb question but do we have to submit multiple submission forms for different artist? I'm trying to throw Crain and Claremont on the same form (not book) but it won't allow it, am I checking out with two different invoices? paying for shipping twice? thanks in advanced.

55 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I know I've been busy but I ront know how I keep missing these announcements lol

I mean I check my email Haha

But thank you so much for helping!

I'm going to run out of room in the title, hopefully a few will happen and I can at least delete names to add new ones  :tink:

I feel like its a good problem to have.:headbang:

On 5/18/2020 at 12:04 AM, Legion HQ said:

I see the Wolverine label for Crain's signing. It's the 5th option down. If you're not seeing it, definitely call CGC first thing in the morning. You'll want to mail off the books to them tomorrow since they basically have to get there this week before the deadline.

Wolverine label.JPG

what is the address we send books to.  I could not find that information anywhere.  need to get my books out tomorrow.  

22 hours ago, Jerry694 said:

what is the address we send books to.  I could not find that information anywhere.  need to get my books out tomorrow.  

When you fill out the forms and at the end cgc should send you an email confirmation and the address to send it too, they'll give shipping instructions....

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:
22 hours ago, Jerry694 said:

When you fill out the forms and at the end cgc should send you an email confirmation and the address to send it too, they'll give shipping instructions...

And it's ok to fill out forms all the way, because cgc doesn't "charge you" until the books reach there doors...