• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Frazetta Facts
7 7

348 posts in this topic

On 8/31/2022 at 7:54 AM, Flex Mentallo said:

Due out in January I believe. And I understand that the Vanguard series has been discontinued?

Flex, what have you heard about Vanguard? As I’m awaiting the Frazetta Book Cover Art book a couple posts above.

On 8/31/2022 at 1:19 PM, Jayman said:

Flex, what have you heard about Vanguard? As I’m awaiting the Frazetta Book Cover Art book a couple posts above.

See page 14

The link above should take you to the discussion on Collected Editions Forum. Just noticed that the relevant post about halfway down page 14 is dated July 2021. [I only read it yesterday and didnt think to check the date of posting until just now].

Have not paid attention to what Vanguard are doing, or which volume is which! Hope I've not caused worry for no reason!

@Jayman have just checked sources here in the UK regarding the covers book - Forbidden Planet show a due date of 7 September, Amazon UK 22 September; however Book Depository show a November date.BD are usually thought to be the most reliable - but who knows with supply chain issues these days. Will keep an eye on that Collected Editions thread for you.:foryou:

On 8/31/2022 at 8:36 AM, Flex Mentallo said:

@Jayman have just checked sources here in the UK regarding the covers book - Forbidden Planet show a due date of 7 September, Amazon UK 22 September; however Book Depository show a November date.BD are usually thought to be the most reliable - but who knows with supply chain issues these days. Will keep an eye on that Collected Editions thread for you.:foryou:

Thanks Flex. I was on the site you linked reading up. Yeah it still seems delayed due to supply chain factors. I pre ordered so I’ll just wait and see. Thanks for the info! :foryou:

" I'll never forget, the Egyptian Queen. I got that whole painting done, in about a day and a half, and I looked at it. It was done as far as I was concerned. Then I looked at her face, and I didn't like it. "Damn it, I don't like that face. I'm going to make it better." So I started to repaint the face, and I painted the face, and I painted it again, and I painted it again. Well, I was like three days trying to get the right face, And I suddenly got sort of blinded to it. I couldn't see any more. I just looked at it and didn't know where I was any more. It's really weird, and so I finally just settled for any face, and brought it in, and they printed it that way, and then I forgot about it. So, a couple of months later I get it back, now I was fresh again. And I just looked at it and "Pow!" I whacked in the face that you see in all the prints. It's really weird. But what happened is that you just become blinded by it. When I got it back, looked at fresh, her face was painted in five minutes. "
- Frank Frazetta (The Comics Journal Frank Frazetta Interview #174 February 1995)

I received mine today (I ordered through Vanguard). I got the slipcased version so it has the bonus pages. Looking forward to looking through it, but am happy that the slip case is much like previous Vanguard Frazetta slip cases, a quality product. I loved the Fantastic Paintings but the slip case on that one was somewhat flimsy (of course that might be because the book is larger). This one is the same size as the other Frazetta slipcase editions published previously by Vanguard. Yeah, I'm happy with it. 

2467B9A6-1463-4454-828C-53565BC5E43F.jpeg

Got mine also today, 3 days earlier than tracking stated! Looks sweet just like above. Will post some interior shots later or tomorrow. The extra pages in this edition are pretty cool but nothing crazy cool. A nice quality book overall. (thumbsu