• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Frazetta Facts
7 7

348 posts in this topic

Anybody pal the guitar?

Adam Jones Unveils Frazetta's "The Berserker" Epiphone Les Paul

Epiphone has announced the long-awaited Adam Jones and Epiphone partnership has now arrived with the release of the Epiphone Adam Jones Les Paul Custom Art Collection. This unprecedented, limited-edition collection blends Adam's love of fine art and music, resulting in seven, iconic and unique Les Paul Custom Silverburst masterpieces which feature the artwork of five distinguished visual artists curated by Adam Jones of TOOL.

Epiphone-Adam-Jones-_The-Berserker_-Front-main.thumb.webp.846f8c70d2e1f54402afa082dfa30141.webpEpiphone-Adam-Jones-_The-Berserker_-Back-image.thumb.webp.40ee64dfaf85a440ed114c2a0ff7cbd9.webp

Epiphone-Adam-Jones-_The-Berserker_-Main-image-e1676507385735.thumb.webp.40879ee17912438479ada7cc6d31e8e7.webpEpiphone-Adam-Jones-_The-Berserker_-Headstock-back.thumb.webp.8880faad595b94039a300ab852440089.webp

Edited by ak47po

On 2/22/2023 at 8:53 AM, ak47po said:

Anybody pal the guitar?

Adam Jones Unveils Frazetta's "The Berserker" Epiphone Les Paul

Epiphone has announced the long-awaited Adam Jones and Epiphone partnership has now arrived with the release of the Epiphone Adam Jones Les Paul Custom Art Collection. This unprecedented, limited-edition collection blends Adam's love of fine art and music, resulting in seven, iconic and unique Les Paul Custom Silverburst masterpieces which feature the artwork of five distinguished visual artists curated by Adam Jones of TOOL.

Epiphone-Adam-Jones-_The-Berserker_-Front-main.thumb.webp.846f8c70d2e1f54402afa082dfa30141.webpEpiphone-Adam-Jones-_The-Berserker_-Back-image.thumb.webp.40ee64dfaf85a440ed114c2a0ff7cbd9.webp

Epiphone-Adam-Jones-_The-Berserker_-Main-image-e1676507385735.thumb.webp.40879ee17912438479ada7cc6d31e8e7.webpEpiphone-Adam-Jones-_The-Berserker_-Headstock-back.thumb.webp.8880faad595b94039a300ab852440089.webp

Darn, that is right up my alley. 

FCBD 2023 FRAZETTAVERSE #0 (MR) Free Comic Book Day
OPUS COMICS

(W) Mitch Iverson, Tim Hedrick, Jody Houser, Eric Campbell (A) Leonardo Manco, Diego Yapur (CA) Frank Frazetta
An all-new adventure of Death Dealer headlines this fantastic voyage into the FrazettaVerse! The War of the Horsemen has arrived! You will also witness the rise of Dawn Attack in the far reaches of space. Then, the weirdness of Mothman unfolds in an excerpt from the limited series debuting this month! Exclusive Original Material Rating: Mature

IMG_8218.thumb.webp.598238c0578cee23a1608ffdd3f20aa5.webp

IMG_8217.thumb.webp.1c7f4d81e037f92bc0f87d4235edf3ba.webp

On 4/10/2023 at 6:42 PM, ak47po said:

FCBD 2023 FRAZETTAVERSE #0 (MR) Free Comic Book Day
OPUS COMICS

(W) Mitch Iverson, Tim Hedrick, Jody Houser, Eric Campbell (A) Leonardo Manco, Diego Yapur (CA) Frank Frazetta
An all-new adventure of Death Dealer headlines this fantastic voyage into the FrazettaVerse! The War of the Horsemen has arrived! You will also witness the rise of Dawn Attack in the far reaches of space. Then, the weirdness of Mothman unfolds in an excerpt from the limited series debuting this month! Exclusive Original Material Rating: Mature

IMG_8218.thumb.webp.598238c0578cee23a1608ffdd3f20aa5.webp

IMG_8217.thumb.webp.1c7f4d81e037f92bc0f87d4235edf3ba.webp

There aren't enough emojis; I need a "Like AF."

On 4/11/2023 at 5:52 PM, Ryan. said:

The first issue of that new Death Dealer was close to unreadable. 

I know they did a book series in the 80s, but my guess is that since the painting had been around since the 70's, someone floated a merchandising idea by licensing it for a book deal to make a little cash on an established piece. When they did the Verotik DD book, I felt that fleshing out a visual story about him was a little like telling me the history of Hannibal Lecter or Darth Vader. The mystery was gone. One of my key take-aways from Frazetta's fantasy art has always been the spark of imagination it creates when viewing it.

On 4/20/2023 at 2:24 PM, Dr. Balls said:

One of my key take-aways from Frazetta's fantasy art has always been the spark of imagination it creates when viewing it.

Totally. One of his great (or greatest) strength(s) was the ability to capture a moment, a space where the viewer's imagination fills in all of the possibilities of what might be, that is far more interesting than the actual telling of that story. In many ways, this is why I have chased after certain Golden Age cover artists, such as Frazetta, LB Cole and Matt Baker. A single cover image evokes more story than what actually exists between the covers.

On the flip side, the new Death Dealer by Opus read, to me, like poorly conceived Conan fan fiction.

On 4/20/2023 at 2:48 PM, Ryan. said:

Totally. One of his great (or greatest) strength(s) was the ability to capture a moment, a space where the viewer's imagination fills in all of the possibilities of what might be, that is far more interesting than the actual telling of that story. In many ways, this is why I have chased after certain Golden Age cover artists, such as Frazetta, LB Cole and Matt Baker. A single cover image evokes more story than what actually exists between the covers.

On the flip side, the new Death Dealer by Opus read, to me, like poorly conceived Conan fan fiction.

I never looked at LB Cole like that, I’ll have to cruise his stuff again with a different viewing perspective!