• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Frazetta Facts
7 7

348 posts in this topic

Update from Vanguard about the second printing of the new art book. 

UPDATE: The new printing of Fantastic Paintings of Frazetta, originally expected Halloween/early-Nov is now running about a month later, EARLY DECEMBER, 2020. That is when Vanguard expects to receive them. It will take us a week or two to get them out.

A question for the Frazetta experts here; I'll ask over in the Golden Age forums in a couple days but I want to hear what people here think first:

Frazetta did 18 stories for DC comics from late 1949 to early 1951:  Adventure 150, 151, 153, 155, 157, 159, 161, 163; All Star Comics 50; Gang Busters 14, 17; Jimmy Wakely 3, 4, 6, 7; Mystery in Space 1; Star Spangled Comics 113; Tomahawk 2.  I'm down to only needing a couple issues to complete the set.  I was wondering what other people thought the hardest issue of the lot was to find, and see if it agrees with my vote.  Because I have what I think is far and away the scarcest of the 18 issue on the way to me finally.

And nobody answered my question.  Adventure 151 just never shows up that I see; there are only 2 on the census compared to 8 to 14 for the other Frazetta Adventure issues.  There's at least a couple that might be more expensive if you do find them... I still don't have Adventure 150 or All-Star 50... but finding the 151 at all is a huge challenge.  Here's the splash along with the cover; so you can actually see the master at work:

Adventure_151.jpg

Adventure_151_f.jpg

I hope you all are well and staying safe!

By an order from Pennsylvania's Governor Wolf, the Frazetta Art Museum will close from Sunday December 13th thru Sunday January 3rd. We will reopen on Thursday January the 7th and resume our normal business hours every Thursday thru Sunday from 10am to 4pm. We wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a healthy New Year!

Stay safe and be well! See you in the New Year!

From the Frazetta Family

FANTASTIC FRAZETTA BOOK UPDATE
The books are printed. Vanguard & The Frazetta Museum will receive the new books by Christmas but it will take us 'til about New Years to get advance orders shipped to customers.
[As their copies are relayed through distributors, comic shops, Amazon, book stores, etc will get their books a few weeks after Vanguard and the Frazetta Museum]
Thank you for your patience in these unusual times.
131231019_10157248081245834_777448700404

131117282_10157248081285834_772251718454

5 hours ago, Old_Man_Adam said:

Nice book ! I went to grab a 3 pack of shirts on the website yesterday but no joy ( only large ) I do plan on making the expedition there for sure once the holiday season passes 

What size are you looking for?