• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Frazetta Facts
7 7

348 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

Frazetta always loved them curvy gals.🥰

He certainly had a good model with his wife. That is the reference for most of his woman. 

9 minutes ago, wombat said:

Here is the original and the revised. Something I never noticed until this weekend. In the revised version it appears there is a woman holding up the base of the statue. One of the main changes was that Frank did not like in the original that the flame from the volcano drew in your eyes instead of the statue. 

Amazon.com: Atlantis by Frank Frazetta Cool Wall Decor Art Print Poster  12x18: Posters & Prints

Atlantis Painting by Frank Frazetta

I agree about the volcano being distracting but where you see a woman holding the base, I see a reflection of the statue in the water.

3 minutes ago, Jayman said:

I agree about the volcano being distracting but where you see a woman holding the base, I see a reflection of the statue in the water.

Compare it to the original. Can it be a reflection of the statue? Sure. But if you just look at it on its own it could definitely be the silhouette of a woman. 

9 minutes ago, wombat said:

Compare it to the original. Can it be a reflection of the statue? Sure. But if you just look at it on its own it could definitely be the silhouette of a woman. 

I do see what you are talking about. Look at it upside down and everything fits. Going with reflection on this one.

On 5/31/2021 at 8:28 PM, wombat said:

Spent a few hours at the museum yesterday. Here are a few pictures. Did a fair amount of closeup shots just for the heck of it. 

IMG_3736.JPG

IMG_3738.JPG

IMG_3739.JPG

IMG_3737.JPG

IMG_3740.JPG

Exquisite details.  How much is the admission to the museum.  Would love to make the trek one day.