• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mort Drucker... R.I.P. gone at age 91

8 posts in this topic

This man developed and carried my sense of humor all through my childhood. Those Mad magazine TV and Movie parodies are some of my fondest childhood memories and we all have Mort Drucker to thank for them. R.I.P.

https://www.newsfromme.com/2020/04/09/mort-drucker-r-i-p/?fbclid=IwAR1G10Xp93w3ksH4x9C34GNI0tWJL2Ebe5rdXDwH7ilMVFjK6k69JsvogfE

23 hours ago, comix4fun said:

This man developed and carried my sense of humor all through my childhood.

Same here. Weird Al Yankovic, among many others, has expressed the same sentiment.

RIP. :frown:

Edited by tth2

On 4/9/2020 at 8:52 AM, comix4fun said:

This man developed and carried my sense of humor all through my childhood. Those Mad magazine TV and Movie parodies are some of my fondest childhood memories and we all have Mort Drucker to thank for them. R.I.P.

https://www.newsfromme.com/2020/04/09/mort-drucker-r-i-p/?fbclid=IwAR1G10Xp93w3ksH4x9C34GNI0tWJL2Ebe5rdXDwH7ilMVFjK6k69JsvogfE

A legend so great he has two threads devoted to his work and passing. Is there anyone out there that didn’t read at least one of his great parodies?

Thanks for everything Mort. So sorry to lose a legend like you.

Mort Drucker on how he captures a likeness: "The question is: Why does one person look different from another? You examine the features. Is the head an oval? Is it rectangular? Then you look at the features within. Are the eyes close to the bridge of the nose? Are they wide-set? It's all in the proportions of the features. Then I exaggerate those proportions. If you trace a person exactly, it rarely looks like them-there's a process that occurs in the recognition part of the brain that exaggerates features-i strive to imitate that part of the brain.