• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Essential - killing time, social distancing
2 2

56 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, AndrewCup said:

Popped some TOOL into the CD player - yea, I’m a little older

Nothing wrong with listening to Tool.  Great band, and nice colouring.

15 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:
16 hours ago, AndrewCup said:

Popped some TOOL into the CD player - yea, I’m a little older

Nothing wrong with listening to Tool.  Great band, and nice colouring.

Listening to Tool - Good
Being a tool - Not so good

19 hours ago, AndrewCup said:

Ken - I meant that I was using a CD player!

I know.  Nothing wrong with those silvery discs. I believe a lot of the younger listeners out there prefer something called 'vinyl' these days.  I'm a bit out of touch and I should look into this, as apparently the medium has superior sound quality.

4 hours ago, Jëffrö... said:

Listening to Tool - Good
Being a tool - Not so good

Yup.  There's the problem about wearing a Tool T-shirt.  The ambiguity.

Edited by Ken Aldred

That was one of the best issues Dave Cockrum ever illustrated, with the Legion of Super-Heroes analogues in the Imperial Guard, and I also suspect that he enjoyed working on it.

20 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

That was one of the best issues Dave Cockrum ever illustrated, with the Legion of Super-Heroes analogues in the Imperial Guard, and I also suspect that he enjoyed working on it.

The second issue of X-Men I ever bought. The first was a reprint issue (Grotesk!); I loved them both, and would have bought them regularly.

But those two were the only copies I ever saw for sale. My local sources did not carry them.

1 hour ago, KirbyJack said:

The second issue of X-Men I ever bought. The first was a reprint issue (Grotesk!); I loved them both, and would have bought them regularly.

But those two were the only copies I ever saw for sale. My local sources did not carry them.

I had to wait a couple of years to get a copy, as it was one of the issues that wasn't distributed to the UK at the time.

(102 to 107, IIRC.)

X-men #104 “The Gentleman’s Name is Magneto”.  Starting work on the big splash page!  It’s 7pgs into the book. Our heroes have traveled to the island of Dr. MacTaggerts Laboratory, only to be confronted by a purple & red Magneto - who is bent on world domination!  I’m in the middle of this page. My red Crayola has run dry - as I rummage thru my children’s rooms for a replacement, I thought it might be interesting to show you this at its mid-stage.  

C0A5703F-685F-4D39-9F2C-C0C501DF5533.jpeg

On 4/23/2020 at 4:05 PM, AndrewCup said:

I’ve been working on this one for a while - there is a lot going on. This is the splash page for the All New All Different X-Men #107. In this issue I feel that the splash page is nicer than the cover.  It looks like Cockrum was having a lot of fun because right after the splash, it opens to a double page splash On the next 2 pegs, which I haven’t started yet.  Do any of you boardies own the original art to these gorgeous pages?  

In the next issue, #108 John Byrne takes over as artist - I wonder if Cockrum was trying to hit it out of the park in his last issue?

6C5199E4-4107-40B4-A9F1-97733978C885.jpeg

Wow, I think you would make a good colorist. 
this one is really nice and all with just crayola too

5 hours ago, MGsimba77 said:

Esposito who? lol Keep up the good work! 

You gonna do the X-men 133 page with Wolverine in the sewer? Is it even available for coloring?

I won’t be able to as this collection contains only up to #119 (vol. 1).  When I finish this volume, I’ll start the next - LOL :bigsmile:

I’m sure #133 would be in vol 2!