• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Essential - killing time, social distancing
2 2

56 posts in this topic

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2020 at 4:31 PM, AndrewCup said:

Anyone know why M. Titus would have been eliminated from the Essentials print??  He’s listed as the colorist in the original issue but seems to have gotten vaporized in the re-print.

18D8B072-D2BC-4A0E-8821-DF422C7924F8.jpeg

ECEB60AA-80D1-4651-A7CB-5E5C80B41CC9.jpeg

because the Essential is in black and white?

On 11/28/2020 at 3:28 PM, AndrewCup said:

Gatchaman - Good work!  Nice to see that someone else is doing a bit of what I occupy idle hours with.  Can I ask what you use to color the pages?  

I used color pencils.

X-Men #106 Bill Mantlo did the lions share of the penciling on this issue. Thank God it was the only one in this run apparently Bill is allergic to drawing backgrounds. If you like pastel colors he is your guy but as far as detailed Art, not so much.  Maybe this was a rush job aesthetically one of my least favorite in the run.

4DEF021B-5A8E-44A0-80C1-2FBCD5CFBFA6.jpeg

X men #118 - earthquake in Japan!  1st appearance of Mariko Yashida - Wolverine’s love interest.  This two page spread was a lot of work tons of space to fill-in and many colors to merge.  I’ve completed a few hundred pages of this Marvel Essential and one day I hope to have it complete.  

4841EE74-F1B1-472C-8964-CB87B3BCC941.jpeg

X-Men 96 cover by Bob Cockrum. thunderbird is dead as a team tries to regroup after his loss. Kierrok the Damned shows up it nearly ruins everything wolverine shows that he could be a killer in this issue. I really like the contrast of the yellow and the greenish looking demon

CB047F4C-EFF6-45E7-8912-F2821F29BEE6.jpeg

#117 PSI-WAR!  It seems like the more I do of this the better I get it matching colors and shading it can be a tricky process but fun. 
it’s been quite a while since I posted I’ve only got three issues left to color and I’ll be done with the entire essentials volume one. 
In this issue we learn about Storm’s backstory and how Xavier had to save her and presumably killed a man to do that

275BAD51-905F-4508-87EB-8589937A81B6.jpeg