• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1st full appearance of The Beyonder?
1 1

50 posts in this topic

On 12/5/2021 at 12:19 AM, Beyonder123 said:

I'm very late to the party. Maybe there's still interest in this.

Marvel Superheroes Secret Wars #1 is definitely the first appearance of the beyonder. He has a form (even though it's light), he has a name, and he has one of, if not the most important role of the story. If that doesn't define the first appearance of a character I don't know what does.

However I do think that his first appearance in his physical form should be mentioned. Not in Secret Wars II #2, but in Captain America #308 which takes place before SW 2, came out the same month, and tells the story of his acquisition of the form. (Which is by the way just a copy of Captain America's body).

That book also contains the 1st appearance of Armadillo ^^

Edited by THE_BEYONDER

On 7/26/2022 at 8:54 PM, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Since there's a chance that he's coming to the MCU (with the announcement of Secret Wars)...

I'm definitively saying (and supporting) Secret Wars #1 is his first appearance:sumo:.

***Now go run out and get the booklol

Yeah, everything I've always read has SW#1 as 1st App for The Beyonder although my CGC slab doesn't note it as such. 

Speaking of the movie hype that was recently announced for SW I've noticed that SW #1 in CGC 9.8 has almost doubled in price during the previous week, while CGC 9.6 and 9.4s have stayed relatively the same. Is this how it usually works? The 9.8s explode in price first, and then when it reaches a price that people are uncomfortable with the 9.6 and 9.4s follow suit?  

Edited by Mr.Fantastic

On 7/27/2022 at 6:52 AM, Mr.Fantastic said:

Speaking of the movie hype that was recently announced for SW I've noticed that SW #1 in CGC 9.8 has almost doubled in price during the previous week, while CGC 9.6 and 9.4s have stayed relatively the same. Is this how it usually works?

I'm not sure.  I try buying my books before they cross the $100 mark:D.

***I bought SW #1 because it was one of my favorite covers of all time

20220728_084149.jpg.a2c4ed711ceea1fc9d41fd4b13b286f1.jpg20220728_084225.jpg.a6b25b4e3526d73c3a7bcb16e404ab01.jpg

On 12/16/2021 at 9:25 PM, MR SigS said:

Or these..(Longshot)?

d1XW2hP.jpgWE2NdTI.jpgmz6MUYk.jpgzMS2dDt.jpg2qRwOBp.jpg

I want to see Marvel bring back the corner box, and then I want to see a couple of Marvel editors use the corner box to have a dance-off between Starlord and Deadpool over the course of a year, not letting anyone know about it ahead of time.

I also thought it would be cool, back in the day, if they did a full-cover corner box on an anniversary issue of a team book, with the heads of all of the members that had been on the team in the series filling the page.

On 7/27/2022 at 12:52 PM, Mr.Fantastic said:

Yeah, everything I've always read has SW#1 as 1st App for The Beyonder although my CGC slab doesn't note it as such. 

Speaking of the movie hype that was recently announced for SW I've noticed that SW #1 in CGC 9.8 has almost doubled in price during the previous week, while CGC 9.6 and 9.4s have stayed relatively the same. Is this how it usually works? The 9.8s explode in price first, and then when it reaches a price that people are uncomfortable with the 9.6 and 9.4s follow suit?  

Woah! SW #1 II is still ridiculously under-priced and I created this thread a little over two years ago lol

SW #1 II:

• First full cover appearance of Beyonder
  • First full physical appearance of the Beyonder

@Lazyboy, I beg to differ lol  Because of the whole voice issue ~

Edited by Bart Allen