• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about trading this book.....

12 posts in this topic

I have a question for the collectors/investors : I have a Green Lantern 76 CGC 9.4 off white/white pages that I am thinking about trading for a Hulk 181 CGC 9.6....my question is : would you do that trade ??

Lots of input would be very welcomed.

Well a GL 76 9.4 is currently sitting at $1,550.00 at Heritage with over 11 days to go before auctions end. A recent Hulk 181 9.6 I saw on eBay was well over $3,000.00 so from a financial stand point it's a no-brainer.

As a collector I would keep the GL 76 because I'm more of a fan of it than Hulk and I don't have a HG copy.

Keep in mind, you will have a MUCH harder time replacing the GL 76 with even a lesser grade example. Not that I constantly track the book, but it seems to me that there's a 9+ hulk 181 on ebay every minute of every day. I remember maybe three 9+ GL 76s in the past six months

I would have to agree with Scottish on this one. From a pure $$$ standpoint, the Hulk 181 CGC 9.6 will likely bring about $1500 more than the GL 76 CGC 9.4, at least at the present time. However, the GL 76 will be much harder to replace. In addition, I believe the GL 76 will appreciate at a faster rate than Hulk 181 given the general consensus that GL 76 is undervalued.

From a purely monetary standpoint, trading a GL76 9.4 straight up for a Hulk 181 9.6 would be a good deal. However, like the others have said, if you really want to get a GL76 again, it may be tough! It would be hard for me to do the trade simply because of the much higher intrinsic value that the GL76 has for me over the Hulk 181. laugh.gif

It all depends on what you would want more,It's a tough trade but if the only thing the GL 76 has going for it is the fact that it's rare in HG,You'll sell a Hulk 181 9.6 faster than a GL 76 in 9.4.If it was me,I would sell it and buy a 181 9.6,more people want wolverine than a Neal Adams GL book,Both books have thier market, but look how many people are dying for a 181.But don't get rid of the 76 if your going to be heartbroken,no one likes to kick themselves in the after deal is done,so make sure it's what you really want.