• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Screen Gems's RESIDENT EVIL Reboot (TBD)

9 posts in this topic

Ant-Man and the Wasp’s Hannah John-Kamen has been officially offered the role of Jill Valentine in the upcoming Resident Evil reboot for Screen Gems.

When the first Resident Evil games hit Playstation consoles in the late 90’s, the horror genre in video games simply didn’t exist. The slow burning game was built around the investigation of a zombie infection and outbreak in the fictional town of Raccoon City and the unraveling conspiracy behind it all. It was first adapted by Paul W.S. Anderson beginning with 2002’s Resident Evil, which spawned five sequels and a place near the top of B-movie glory. The franchise went on to gross over $1.2 billion dollars at the global box-office, so you can see why the property is being revamped.

The Resident Evil franchise has multiple projects in development, and The Illuminerdi has some information about the upcoming feature film that should put smiles on the faces of Umbrella Corporation lovers – and haters – worldwide.

Scooper Daniel Richtman previously reported on Kaya Scodelario being offered the role of Claire Redfield, which is 100% accurate. However, at the present time, the negotiation has not been finalized. We weren’t able to confirm the subsequent report of Brenton Thwaites being up for Chris Redfield, which could simply mean that he passed on the part or had scheduling conflicts, since the role was still open for casting at last check.

I didn’t really enjoy that series of movies. Hopefully this reboot will focus more on the mansion as a character much like Burton’s Batman made Gotham a character. I would love to see a claustrophobic atmosphere and style that focuses on horror instead of action.

Edited by Grails

What that franchise had was eye candy and excellent music.

What the franchise actually is, is a deep story and thought provoking insight to what happens when a corporation oversteps the boundaries. 

Let's be fair, even the video games went off the rail and destroyed anything good that came from the first 3 games.  Capcom isnt SquareEnix. They are in it strictly for the money, which is why we got what we got on the big screen. Bless Milla Jovovich, she is astoundly gorgeous, but cant act her way out of a wet paper bag.

A true remake will be a R rated horror fest, embedded in a very deep and dark tale, with cunning twists and turns. With a lot of zombies

If they can re-capture the awesomeness of the 1st movie - I'm in.

Great film with Michelle Rodriguez the star for mine.

Good choice of casting of Hannah for the reboot.

I'll be keen to see the trailers

On 12/28/2021 at 11:18 PM, I like pie said:

I'm in the minority, it seems but I enjoyed it. There was a lot of homages to the game.

Not a fan of how they handled Leon but that's my only complaint.

They have never ever gotten Leon right.

Even the RE2 Remake didn't get Leon right lol

I saw it in the cinema (all 5 of us!) - was ok

Lots of hat-tips to the game - didn't mesh with Movie #1 and its timeline. 

It was ok - worse ways to spend the afternoon.

On 12/29/2021 at 5:10 PM, Beige said:

I saw it in the cinema (all 5 of us!) - was ok

Lots of hat-tips to the game - didn't mesh with Movie #1 and its timeline. 

It was ok - worse ways to spend the afternoon.

I miss your other avatar