• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze Age Incredible Hulk
3 3

321 posts in this topic

On 5/13/2020 at 11:18 PM, serling1978 said:

Love me some Bronze Age Hulk. I'm currently reading through my Hulks but I haven't hit the Bronze Age yet. I'm on #126 now I think. I've got the entire Hulk run from #1 through #300 so it's been interesting to see the changes to the character so far.  2 years ago at the Baltimore comic con I bought about 50 Hulks, mostly Bronze but also some Silver and some Copper. It was a pretty good day. Got me a long way too completing the run. Looking forward to reading them all! 

That’s the best part about conventions for me.... the dialogue and filling gaps in runs - finding an under appreciated key is a nice addition 

17 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

Joeypost’s list made me dig these up. Both nice but bad miscut on the Warlock cover. Does that whack the grade at all? (I already know it’s impact on desirability) 

136750D9-B096-4AB8-A1E9-2853A5C03F10.jpeg

040652E0-9EB6-4536-BD37-3F3270E5F192.jpeg

Based on the miscut you would lose .2 to .4 if the rest of the book is perfect. 

Check the top staple...looks like it has an issue. 

10 minutes ago, joeypost said:

heck the top staple...looks like it has an issue

Thanks. Staple looks a little bowed. Otherwise firmly in place.  Bowing may occurred incident to the miscut?
4F3DF792-6A8C-4667-819D-B8DFFBA11919.thumb.jpeg.a41bb7dfca6efcc9474e43583d058b27.jpeg

8A8A37AB-086D-43CB-B7F6-E0F814EC9CCD.jpeg

Edited by ThothAmon

15 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

Thanks. Staple looks a little bowed. Otherwise firmly in place.  Bowing may occurred incident to the miscut?
4F3DF792-6A8C-4667-819D-B8DFFBA11919.thumb.jpeg.a41bb7dfca6efcc9474e43583d058b27.jpeg

8A8A37AB-086D-43CB-B7F6-E0F814EC9CCD.jpeg

That looks like it popped on the outside. 

I used to think that John Severin was Herb Trimpe's best inker, but I've developed a bit of an appreciation of Sal Trapani's work; a really nice combination of pencils and inks throughout the Englehart, and early Wein issues.

4 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

Sorry Joey but I’m not sure what you mean by popped?  No damage to paper just a weird staple. Here’s a couple other of my nicer ones. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Those are both super sharp copies. I am floored by how much these books are worth now in 9.8. 

4 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

Sorry Joey but I’m not sure what you mean by popped?  No damage to paper just a weird staple. Here’s a couple other of my nicer ones. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Turn just the front cover open. Is the cover still attached at the top staple?