• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Peach Momoko Appreciation Thread
11 11

210 posts in this topic

So how many covers a month does she typically do? Does she ever do insides? I just heard of her. Mainly because I have barely been inside of comic shops in the last 2 years after my main LCS closed in March 2019 (or was it 2018?) and the ones I do go inside of on rare occasions I don't have the chit chat back and forth with the staff like I used to at my main LCS ... the folks at Midtown are professional, but they aren't there to bullsh**t with me. I used to have a better idea of who the hot artists were by looking at their new variant rack at my old shop and asking the young guys who worked at the shop about them.

6 minutes ago, IbukiLord said:

She is writing and doing the interior art for X-men Demon Days

can you show what those interiors look like? just curious. is there a drop off from the covers?

i always respect when an artist puts the same care into the interiors as the covers. I feel like Byrne was like that, at least up until maybe his first year or two on FF, he might have gotten a little lazier later in the run. While I understand the emphasis on covers, it is sad that the incredible work and hours of effort that go into the insides is seemingly ignored.

1 hour ago, IbukiLord said:

Uhm scroll up, 3 pages of the interior art have been posted :p

Is that from a preview or the comic itself? Is it a silent issue like GI Joe 21? Does she do words?

Edited by the blob

3 hours ago, IbukiLord said:

Newest arrivals for the peach collection

1J7Wkhj.jpg

Vjkg5qy.jpg

I feel like the Vampi is too manga. those are not remotely human heads/eyes. I like seeing "something different" though, it doesn't need to be "realistic" per se, I like Ash Wood, Sam Kieth, etc. Anyway, back to my earlier question, how many covers a month do you think she is producing? Are these all this week? Or this month?