• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s IRONHEART starring Dominique Thorne (2025)

45 posts in this topic

Ryan Coogler and his production banner, Proximity Media, have joined the creative team of Ironheart, Marvel’s Disney+ series featuring the titular Iron Man-adjacent character.

At the same time, the show has firmed up its filmmaking talent, hiring Sam Bailey and Angela Barnes as directors.

Dominique Thorne is toplining Ironheart, playing Riri Williams, a brilliant teenage inventor who, in the comics, builds her own version of the Iron Man suit in an MIT dorm.

...and there he is, presenting The Hood! IMO Anyone who complained about Batgirl looking like a CW show just from set photos better be consistent with this, because it certainly is something :D 

https://twitter.com/ironhnews/status/1556742735570288640

edit: There are also shots of her armour floating around, but I'll let others post those as not to hog all the scoops & flood the thread with my posts :D

Edited by Sauce Dog

On 8/9/2022 at 2:06 PM, Sauce Dog said:

...and there he is, presenting The Hood! IMO Anyone who complained about Batgirl looking like a CW show just from set photos better be consistent with this, because it certainly is something :D 

https://twitter.com/ironhnews/status/1556742735570288640

edit: There are also shots of her armour floating around, but I'll let others post those as not to hog all the scoops & flood the thread with my posts :D

You wait until the wolf pounces on him. It won't be so funny then!

red_riding_hood.gif.27ea9b582a36184572969d8941a83aba.gif

:shiftyeyes:

So we have a storyline where Mephisto is written to (Wanda and her children) and we don’t use him there but now are going to bring him into the universe on another tv show

is there any correlation between Riri and Mephisto?

On 12/10/2020 at 6:31 PM, Mercury Man said:

yawn.gif

Agreed.

I saw a page from an issue. I rolled my eyes at that one too. She just couldn't find the inspiration to become someone unless a certain type of person made a victim out of her, and when it wasn't forthcoming, she practically demands to be made a victim.

By a certain type of person.

On 10/17/2022 at 11:18 AM, godzilla43 said:

I bet Sasha is playing a devilish businessman nicknamed Mephisto. Who is actually..... a normal human being who is a devilish businessman.

This makes sense, since the Hood is supposed to be the villain of IH. 

On 10/17/2022 at 5:18 PM, godzilla43 said:

I bet Sasha is playing a devilish businessman nicknamed Mephisto. Who is actually..... a normal human being who is a devilish businessman.

I'll take that bet.

If Marvel is introducing Mephisto at this point, it's going to be the demonic Mephisto. What you suggest might've been the case several years ago, but now the MCU, and comic book movies in general, can literally get away with anything.

This is kind of good timing for the debut of Mephisto. China has locked out most Hollywood movies, especially Disney films, so Marvel Studios has no reason to cowtow to China's censorship policy of "no religious figures." Also, Phase Four has introduced a more supernatural element to the MCU. Mephisto fits right into that.

There's been enough teasing and trolling on Marvel's part. Yes, we'll probably see a masquerade as a human being, but this will be the real deal Mephisto.

Edited by @therealsilvermane