• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grade Pre-Screening for signature series question

7 posts in this topic

Does anyone here know if you can send CGC your books before they get signed to attempt to ensure they'll get a minimum grade after signing?  From my understanding, the books get graded after the signing (to ensure no damage occurred during the actual signing), but does CGC offer a service to prescreen 9.8s to have signed before their signing events?

Thanks!

Ed

23 hours ago, evolpe79 said:

Does anyone here know if you can send CGC your books before they get signed to attempt to ensure they'll get a minimum grade after signing?  From my understanding, the books get graded after the signing (to ensure no damage occurred during the actual signing), but does CGC offer a service to prescreen 9.8s to have signed before their signing events?

Thanks!

Ed

No, pretty sure they're not offering that service as part of their Private Signing Events.  You would need to get them pre-screened, graded and back to you in time for you to re-submit them for the Private Signing Event.

If you submit them Fast Track now, you might have time to do this for the next round of signings with June cutoff dates.

2 hours ago, Chazgee said:

No, pretty sure they're not offering that service as part of their Private Signing Events.  You would need to get them pre-screened, graded and back to you in time for you to re-submit them for the Private Signing Event.

If you submit them Fast Track now, you might have time to do this for the next round of signings with June cutoff dates.

Have they announced the next round of signings after the group with deadlines at the end of May?

Nevermind.  I am seeing Horn has been announced

Edited by evolpe79

1 minute ago, evolpe79 said:

Have they announced the next round of signings after the group with deadlines at the end of May?

So far, just one. Greg Horn deadline is June 26th. Hopefully they'll announce more creators in the weeks to come.

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/8231/

Btw, you should get on their email list if you're interested in these.

14 hours ago, Chazgee said:

So far, just one. Greg Horn deadline is June 26th. Hopefully they'll announce more creators in the weeks to come.

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/8231/

Btw, you should get on their email list if you're interested in these.

I thought I was on the email list...  I bet their emails are being redirected to one of my pre-specified gmail folders...

Thanks for the info!

On 5/12/2020 at 7:45 PM, Chazgee said:

So if it gets back to them slabbed and graded as a 9.8 after they open and get the signature it will retain the grade?

On 6/6/2020 at 10:50 AM, asherb357 said:

So if it gets back to them slabbed and graded as a 9.8 after they open and get the signature it will retain the grade?

Unfortunately, no. If a book is removed from the slab for a signature, it must be re-graded.