• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC In House Signing Wishlist - Update for 2023
15 15

399 posts in this topic

WITH REMARQUE/SKETCH OPTIONS:

Jae Lee

Marco Turini

Eric 'Ebas' Basaldua

David Finch

Stjepan Sejic

J. Scott Campbell

Kelley Jones

Rob Schrab

Joe Quesada

Scott Williams

Richard Isanove

John Cassaday

Ron Garney

Todd McFarlane

The next two I suppose just sigs w/no sketch option:

J. Michael Straczynski

Orson Scott Card

new year let's hear your updated wants

was able to get Perez and Sienkiewicz (if I ever do get my book returned to me) last year and sent in a Miller submission which has been pushed back to this year

my top 3 wants still remain the same as when this thread was created with my absolute most wanted being the first one named

- John Romita Sr.

- Alex Ross

- John Byrne

Steranko did not return in 2021 and is still wanted

others I have books I would consider submitting for: McFarlane, Starlin, JRJR, Art Adams and further down the line Hughes and JS Campbell

On 2/1/2022 at 8:39 PM, calicomic said:

Neal Adams! I would send in like 100 bookslol.

Unfortunately with his underline health condition I am not sure he will be at any shows:cry:

He is truly one of the last remaining great artist from the 60's/70s.

You can actually submit directly to Neal through his site. He’ll sign your books and submit them to CGC for a yellow label. 

https://www.nealadamsstore.com/Send-Neal-Your-Book-to-Sign-and-Ship-to-CGC_p_2271.html

On 2/1/2022 at 9:08 PM, Mavro said:

You can actually submit directly to Neal through his site. He’ll sign your books and submit them to CGC for a yellow label. 

https://www.nealadamsstore.com/Send-Neal-Your-Book-to-Sign-and-Ship-to-CGC_p_2271.html

I just did this and sent 3 books to Neal Adams to sign for the yellow CGC label.  

Very easy process and highly recommend!

On 2/2/2022 at 1:03 PM, brownies8701 said:

I just did this and sent 3 books to Neal Adams to sign for the yellow CGC label.  

Very easy process and highly recommend!

Yes I have thought about that. 

I think the in house signing offers a much better package. 

1. Time - Some of the books would take 6 months to get back to me. In house is much faster and efficient.

2. Tier system - The books are all different prices and some books would be in modern to express tiers. 

3. Cost - It would cost more sending them in and going through the tier system than paying a flat flee. An example would be my TOD 1 9.4 Would cost 130$ just to grade it. I will still need to pay to ship to Neal Adams, pay him to sign it,  then send it in to CGC, then ship it back to me. Last time his in house signing was 100 $ for grading and signature.  

4. Slabs - I have some that are slabs 9.0's and above. I like CGC taking it out of the case and shipping them in slabs for extra protection.

5. Safety - If I am going to send in a lot of books and a few books in the 1,000$ of dollars I like the security CGC offers. 

I think it's awesome that he offers the signing but I would only do it for the modern tiers.