• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC In House Signing Wishlist - Update for 2023
15 15

399 posts in this topic

On 12/18/2022 at 7:05 PM, JoeBrrr said:

McFarlane was mine but I missed the goat on that. 

celeb wise:

Would love the chance to get Toby, Tom Holland and Andrew Garfield on one book. 

Also as a huge fan of the HBO Max Harley Quinn show, Kaley Cucou would be cool. 

Like the sentiments going around, the market may soon be flooded with "affordable" McFarlane, so bide your time on the one you want.

It wasn't an in person auto, so it "could" have the same sentimental value to buy one slabbed ? I hope, it's on an individual basis.

Lol at cons he is only does raw in personal raw sigs, mostly. He is very personable and would still be "fun" just not signature series.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 12/18/2022 at 6:38 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Like the sentiments going around, the market may soon be flooded with "affordable" McFarlane, so bide your time on the one you want.

It wasn't an in person auto, so it "could" have the same sentimental value to buy one slabbed ? I hope, it's on an individual basis.

Lol at cons he is only does raw in personal raw sigs, mostly. He is very personable and would still be "fun" just not signature series.

100% my plan. Have some saved eBay searches and hoping there is some undercutting or auctions at the right price. 

also feeling like going after non 9.8’s from this signing might be the play for me. 

On 1/3/2022 at 3:21 AM, StillOnly25Cents said:

new year let's hear your updated wants

was able to get Perez and Sienkiewicz (if I ever do get my book returned to me) last year and sent in a Miller submission which has been pushed back to this year

my top 3 wants still remain the same as when this thread was created with my absolute most wanted being the first one named

- John Romita Sr.

- Alex Ross

- John Byrne

Steranko did not return in 2021 and is still wanted

others I have books I would consider submitting for: McFarlane, Starlin, JRJR, Art Adams and further down the line Hughes and JS Campbell

^ from my start of 2022 post

another year and my top 3 wants remain the same despite little to no hope

shocked there was no Steranko SS event in 2022 … long overdue

was able to cross off Starlin, JRJR, and JSC from above in 2022, my McFarlane sub will be in the next batch of signings

Art Adams and Hughes are still lower level wants for consideration

On 1/1/2023 at 2:09 PM, StillOnly25Cents said:

... shocked there was no Steranko SS event in 2022 …

Steranko appeared at the Little Giant Comics Old School Comic Show in April 2022.   He signed my Daredevil 44.

I have seen him listed on at least one guest list for a convention coming up in 2023, but I can't remember where.  Chances are there will be a facilitator available to get his signature for you somewhere this year.

On 1/1/2023 at 8:21 PM, CardiacKid1 said:

Steranko appeared at the Little Giant Comics Old School Comic Show in April 2022.   He signed my Daredevil 44.

I have seen him listed on at least one guest list for a convention coming up in 2023, but I can't remember where.  Chances are there will be a facilitator available to get his signature for you somewhere this year.

thanks but I’m not looking for a facilitator 

I’m wanting an in house SS event

On 6/4/2022 at 2:58 AM, VitoCo1972 said:

I asked Gerry Conway at a recent signing about John Romita Sr's health and he said he'd heard he was well but "he's over 90!" which made me dubious on a signing although didn't I hear CBCS did something somewhat recently? It'd be pretty amazing if CGC could figure something out. Anyone know if Larry Lieber's health is good at 90?

+1 on John Romita Sr and would be amazing if CGC could figure something out

On 1/9/2023 at 12:57 AM, The Element Man said:

Barry Windsor-Smith

David Mazzucchelli

Paul Levitz

Roger Stern

Kurt Busiek

John Romita, Sr.

Joe Giella

Dave Gibbons

Mark Bright

Alex Ross

Brian Bolland

Adam Hughes

All of these are good suggestions. I would especially be interested in Romita Sr, Alex Ross, Brian Bolland, and Roger Stern! Another one I'd like to add would be J Michael Stryzinski

On 1/2/2023 at 1:06 AM, StillOnly25Cents said:

thanks but I’m not looking for a facilitator 

I’m wanting an in house SS event

Why?  Facilitators take care of your books and work to make it right if they damage them.  CGC can destroy your book and tell you "well, life sucks."  That's why they have the new waiver on their signings.  I'll never do another in house signing.