• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paramount's STAR TREK: STRANGE NEW WORLDS starring Anson Mount (2022)
1 1

122 posts in this topic

I watched Episode 1 yesterday for free over Apple TV+.  I did not know it was offered on YouTube at the time and I wish I had seen it there because now I am going to be inundated with constant prodding to subscribe to paramount +.

I liked it.  It did feel like a natural fit to what would be its natural successor.  I loved the inclusion of Robert April.   All in all it set up a great series and truly has the spirit of the original series. 

Here is the problem.

I am not up to subscribing to another streaming service "just for Star Trek" and I love Star Trek. 

I may have to figure something out.  A free seven day trial doesn't work because then what do you do for Season 2?  I may do a free seven day at some point to binge three seasons of Picard and be happy with that but I think the real problem is that we are becoming oversaturated with streaming services. 

If Paramount had teamed up with Netflix and offered it as an add on for $2 more a month or something then maybe I would jump on that but I cannot justify another streaming service for one series despite how much I enjoy Star Trek. 

Episode 3 builds upon the first two episodes smartly by naturally utilizing so much of the crew without just focusing on the core characters.

Kathleen Kennedy noting Solo taught Lucasfilm not to replace original characters with new actors should watch this show. There is a way, if handled effectively. Even the 2009 Star Trek did it right.

I really liked the beginning of episode 5: the dream sequence with Spock dreaming of his wedding and being forced to fight himself. The music from the original series that played was great!

After that the episode became average TV fare. Still enjoying the series so far.

On 6/5/2022 at 3:12 PM, Artboy99 said:

I really liked the beginning of episode 5: the dream sequence with Spock dreaming of his wedding and being forced to fight himself. The music from the original series that played was great!

After that the episode became average TV fare. Still enjoying the series so far.

That opening homage was sweet!

Now that was one cold-hearted antagonist. I had a feeling something was up with her.

STSNW01.thumb.jpg.7de4abeeb78aa220008c14bddd6b9743.jpg

Jesse James Keitel stars on the Big Sky TV show with Katheryn Winnick ( <3 ). A really solid actress.

On 5/27/2022 at 6:32 AM, fantastic_four said:

Might be time to finally spring for Paramount Plus.  :blush:

Just watched the first 5 episodes. Greatly enjoying the updates to story plot points from The Original Series of Star Trek and use of 1960's soundtrack. Streaming for 'free' on Movies2Watch.tv (some ads?) or Movies2Watch.to (no ads). Just toggle down to the season u wish to watch including Ozark, Umbrella Academy vs Sparrow Academy, Obi-wan.

Just reading through this thread for the first time.  This series sounds like something I'd really enjoy, as I love TOS and Iike what I'm reading here.  I don't have Paramount+ yet, but now I'm tempted.  Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts.

On 6/29/2022 at 9:24 PM, Mickey7 said:

Just reading through this thread for the first time.  This series sounds like something I'd really enjoy, as I love TOS and Iike what I'm reading here.  I don't have Paramount+ yet, but now I'm tempted.  Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts.

Strange New World's is what I thought Discovery was going to be.

Not that the latter show isn't good. It just focuses so much on the central character versus the main crew as a whole.