• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paramount's STAR TREK: STRANGE NEW WORLDS starring Anson Mount (2022)
1 1

122 posts in this topic

On 6/18/2022 at 4:52 AM, Bosco685 said:

Now that was one cold-hearted antagonist. I had a feeling something was up with her.

STSNW01.thumb.jpg.7de4abeeb78aa220008c14bddd6b9743.jpg

Jesse James Keitel stars on the Big Sky TV show with Katheryn Winnick ( <3 ). A really solid actress.

Is this the same tall actress that played child Jean-Luc Picard's mother in 'Picard' season 2 around episode 8, 9?

Just watched Episode 9 ("All Those Who Wander") - pretty intense once the rescue mission begins on the planet.  Questions:

• Are these the same Gorn we saw in the original series episode titled "Arena" (1967)?
  • In the pic below, should Kirk have a word balloon that reads, "I thought you were a lot faster ten years ago."
  • A sad ending for a character I thought would become a staple ... WHY???????????????

Gorn.jpg

On 6/30/2022 at 9:23 PM, BuscemasAvengers said:

Just watched Episode 9 ("All Those Who Wander") - pretty intense once the rescue mission begins on the planet.  Questions:

• Are these the same Gorn we saw in the original series episode titled "Arena" (1967)?
  • In the pic below, should Kirk have a word balloon that reads, "I thought you were a lot faster ten years ago."
  • A sad ending for a character I thought would become a staple ... WHY???????????????

Gorn.jpg

They are the same just being fleshed out.

I enjoyed the episode, had an "Aliens" vibe.

Completely agree about the sad ending, surprised me. At least it wasnt meaningless.

Best episode of the series so far in my opinion.

Edited by Artboy99

Now, an official synopsis for “A Quality of Mercy” has been released (via TrekMovie.com), and it looks like Captain Pike is going to have to confront his future once again. The synopsis reveals that Pike will be meeting his future self, who will warn him about the consequences of trying to meddle with his destiny. This meeting comes after Pike “thinks he’s figured out how to escape his fate.” Check out the full synopsis below:

In the season one finale, just as Captain Pike thinks he’s figured out how to escape his fate, he’s visited by his future self, who shows him the consequences of his actions.

:( :ohnoez:

Just finished watching 'A Quality of Mercy', and am giving it high praise for its homage to the original series episode "A Balance of Terror'. The plot is woven together in a way that captures some of the key components from the original episode that aired in December of '66, including the wedding ceremony of Thomlison and Martine, the death of Hansen paralleling the death of Al-Salah (about the 1:00 mark from the original episode clip below), and Ortegas' anger toward the Romulans matching the out-of-control rage of Lt. Stiles from the original series episode, right down to the music that plays when the crew see what a Romulan looks like for the first time (about the 4:13 mark in the clip below). Pike is allowed to see a future that does not unfold the way it should, raising the age-old philosophical debate between free will and determinism. I sincerely hope in Season 2 they continue to build upon the established canon of the Original Series. If only the MCU could stay a little closer to established canon as well. Did anyone else catch the quick reference to 'The Cage'? Can't wait for Season 2!

Edited by BuscemasAvengers

Paramount+ recently announced that Strange New Worlds has set a record as the most-watched Star Trek series debut in the streaming service's history. According to the company, the viewership numbers were gathered over the show's first 90 days on the service. Read what CBS president and chief executive officer George Cheeks had to say about the announcement below.

“Over the past six years, Alex Kurtzman and his amazing team have brilliantly created and carefully curated a new Star Trek universe for Paramount+ with five complementary series – each different in tone, style, story and in some cases target audience. Each series is a success in its own right, and now the franchise’s newest edition, Strange New Worlds, is earning critical acclaim and delivering notable performance achievements on the service, both domestically and internationally. We look forward to the franchise’s continuing journey on Paramount+ here in the U.S. and globally, where in the case of Strange New Worlds, we’re just getting started.”

And still not available in Australia unless you buy into yet another streaming service.

It's a joke.

And goodness knows how many worldwide viewers they are losing due to this.