• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver Age Twins
1 1

147 posts in this topic

This issue was my first exposure to the Weather Wizard and about when I had actively started to look for Flash. I cannot remember my first Australian Flash issue but know I read the 147 edition,it made a huge impact on me (2nd Reverse Flash) even though I think I had read 139 (First Reverse Flash). Started to buy US copies in 1982 when I found a local dealer (mentor) who loaned me his 1981 OPG, and gave me  the name of Hugh O'Kennon. I found other dealers and by the time I quit in early 90s (my business was eating money) I was only missing, SC4, SC13, 105-107, 113, 121. Came back to it after I saw the Flash TV show although I has sworn I would not start again, and finished the run in around mid 2017. Around that time I found a local SC8 edition, and have been looking ever since. It was okay until a few months ago and now there are at least two other buyers out there chasing this stuff, and it is no longer a cheap nothing to buy them.  The square binding almost always has wear. The plus side is the cover paper. It is lighter than the US paper, but I think it holds the gloss very well, and does not show as much sign of yellowing (going cream/tan). We have Australian published SA Marvels here, but they did not start until several years after the US copy, and all those US copies had originally been available here, together in many cases with UK reprints and the US printed Marvel Tales, Marvel Collectors etc.  so to me they are reprints.  These Australian prints are maybe 6 months after the US issue date, and these titles were licensed by the local publisher, and DC did not sell them here. There were a couple of duplications, and some DC SA was then done in the mid 1970s, so they are reprints, but to me these square bound issues are Australian editions. 

must get out the Camera and dig out some more.

One of the things I love is checking the art. the image was moved left on ours.

Flash 141.JPG

DSC05093.JPG

Edited by Terry E. Gibbs

Flash 105. There were two stories in 105 and DC went with Mirror Master on the cover, setting the way for Flashes legendary Rogues. But DC had Infantino do a cover for the second story, which was very Sci-Fi, a theme that Broome a one time Sc-Fi pulp writer would often revisit. Never used in the US but used here. and I am still searching for the MM cover,

Flash 105b.jpg

006 (2).jpg

and DC had already done the same on Showcase 8. This yellow cover looks very like the splash for that story but they are different. Wish they had done a Captain Cold cover, but if not I prefer the green. However if you also look at the Australian Green cover, yes it looks the same but it is not. These came out I think in 1957, not sure when the Brazilian one was printed, and not sure if there are any printed earlier.

aSC8b.JPG

007 (2).jpg

aSC8a.JPG

On 6/2/2020 at 3:10 PM, Frisco Larson said:

This Mexican publication of Spidey #10 showed up last night, so another set of twins for this thread! :headbang:

Amazing Spider-Man 10 8.0 ow-w front.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man 10 5.0 c-ow Mexican edition front.jpg

and here's the UK reprinting of ASM#10 to make triplets. Note the art is slightly different with spacing between Ox and Fancy Dan. I think the yellow background works better also.

img087.thumb.jpg.66960b71bf6f45080cc6ae7a94aac90b.jpg