• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Alan Moore Appreciation Thread
10 10

461 posts in this topic

Very cool.  Congratulations.  I like your board name too.  Was it named for the 2000AD character?

1 hour ago, Skizz said:

Finally got a ye olde copy of this in my collection :headbang:

Recalled edition of League of Extraordinary Gentleman #5. More information in the link below if anyone’s interested ...

https://recalledcomics.com/LeagueOfExtraOrdinaryGentlemen5RecalledMarvelAd.php

723E7AB5-D330-4E07-9B1F-43E6E356E23B.thumb.jpeg.a31e889f9d400a745f0b68441209f8d9.jpeg

30 minutes ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

Very cool.  Congratulations.  I like your board name too.  Was it named for the 2000AD character?

@Jasonmorris1000000 Thanks.

Yeah, the board name’s based on the Moore written 2000ad character. I mainly collect (or at least try to collect) original art from Alan Moore and Skizz is one of the first ones that I got.

34160EFB-5293-4251-B4A7-3B7B7849319E.jpeg.6286ca2fb39a2e8904a775ff10ed452d.jpeg

I’ve kept a running diary of original art collecting over the last few years in this thread. Seeing as my collecting focus is Alan Moore, figured it might be appropriate to share it here:

Here’s my original art collection from Alan Moore’s comics:

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerydetailsearch.asp?artist=Alan+Moore&GCat=121983

On 4/26/2021 at 6:32 AM, jdandns said:

Wow, great selection of Alan Moore scripted original art pages.

I also have page from Swampy #61. I posted it in the Swamp Thing dedicated thread, but I guess it belongs here, too.

st61a.jpg

st61e.jpg

st61g.jpg

st61color.jpg

Awesome page from a great issue! Congrats on owning it. 

Edited by Skizz

On 10/30/2020 at 5:37 AM, OtherEric said:

Actually, I think they said the last signing he's likely to do unless you travel to Northhampton.  Two Moore signatures are enough for me, I don't need a Providence omnibus to go with the 3-volume set of HC's I've already got.  One is on the Promethia 32 special edition (I have the cover gallery book with the signature but not the posters, long story...) and the other is this print that I really need to get framed:

aod.jpg

This is awesome!

I'm always interested in rare Alan Moore work.  The Alphabets of Desire poster is actually still available on Todd Klein's website, signed by both, and available here.  Is anyone familiar with his short book (basically an ashcan) of poems he did with Steve Moore?  'Technical Vocabularies'  More info on it here.  I've got a copy and have wondered if it's something CGC would even grade.

Edited by J Bill
Updated to mention post above.

On 4/28/2021 at 3:16 PM, J Bill said:

I'm always interested in rare Alan Moore work.  The Alphabets of Desire poster is actually still available on Todd Klein's website, signed by both, and available here.  Is anyone familiar with his short book (basically an ashcan) of poems he did with Steve Moore?  'Technical Vocabularies'  More info on it here.  I've got a copy and have wondered if it's something CGC would even grade.

Sorry I didn't check on its availability when I first posted it.  I think mine is the 2nd print, if I recall correctly.  I really do need to get this (and the others) framed and hung one of these years

On 8/13/2021 at 11:43 PM, JTLarsen said:

What is this? Someone added a blank cover…?!?

Back in ye olde Signature Series days, blank sketch covers were few and far between, as the publishers hadn't yet started producing blank variants of their own. One of the board members who used to be active here started crafting his own homemade sketch covers by stapling sketch board to existing comics, and then selling them for a nominal fee to the rest of us to use for sketch ops. CGC accepted them for sig series and just gave them a No Grade designation. This was fine with all of us, as we felt that this put the focus on the art instead of the grade. Now it's all about the 9.8, even for sketches.