The Alan Moore Appreciation Thread
8 8

256 posts in this topic

On 8/13/2021 at 11:43 PM, JTLarsen said:

What is this? Someone added a blank cover…?!?

Back in ye olde Signature Series days, blank sketch covers were few and far between, as the publishers hadn't yet started producing blank variants of their own. One of the board members who used to be active here started crafting his own homemade sketch covers by stapling sketch board to existing comics, and then selling them for a nominal fee to the rest of us to use for sketch ops. CGC accepted them for sig series and just gave them a No Grade designation. This was fine with all of us, as we felt that this put the focus on the art instead of the grade. Now it's all about the 9.8, even for sketches. 

On 9/22/2021 at 4:00 PM, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

I just got this in the mail today and it looks great to me.  I feel bad for the seller because I was the only one who bid on it and won it for $15.  That doesn't even cover the grading and handling fee.

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen vol. 3 #1.jpg

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen vol. 3 #1 b.jpg

I have a few that if I sold it'd be like that lol

On 5/16/2021 at 1:06 AM, jdandns said:

In addition to the Sigs, the apple is hand-colored. I got one from Klein himself at Comic-con a few years ago.

I think Todd did a similar one with Neil Gaiman, also double-signed. These are a great value.

He has a series of them; I have ones signed by Klein and Moore, Gaiman, JHW3 and Mark Buckingham. Not sure if there are more. I got them all at shows from todd, I remember being stunned when I saw the Moore and asked him if it was real! He assured me they were. 

The Moore and Gaiman ones are especially good as they tell a story. The others do as well, but not on the same level as those two!

On 9/22/2021 at 4:02 PM, Bird said:

He has a series of them; I have ones signed by Klein and Moore, Gaiman, JHW3 and Mark Buckingham. Not sure if there are more. I got them all at shows from todd, I remember being stunned when I saw the Moore and asked him if it was real! He assured me they were. 

The Moore and Gaiman ones are especially good as they tell a story. The others do as well, but not on the same level as those two!

I know there's one by Klein and Alex Ross that I like, I'll take a picture when I get home unless someone beats me to it.

On 9/22/2021 at 4:18 PM, OtherEric said:

I know there's one by Klein and Alex Ross that I like, I'll take a picture when I get home unless someone beats me to it.

As promised, only slightly late:

image.jpg

Got a new (... to me) camera, as my last one was totally inadequate. This is my second purchase of a Kodak ... I don't know why I ever used anything else. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

eyUTbZD.jpg

...this was from my previous device ...

HlNGVPI.jpg

Edited by jimjum12