• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Alan Moore Appreciation Thread
10 10

468 posts in this topic

On 9/22/2021 at 4:00 PM, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

I just got this in the mail today and it looks great to me.  I feel bad for the seller because I was the only one who bid on it and won it for $15.  That doesn't even cover the grading and handling fee.

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen vol. 3 #1.jpg

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen vol. 3 #1 b.jpg

I have a few that if I sold it'd be like that lol

On 5/16/2021 at 1:06 AM, jdandns said:

In addition to the Sigs, the apple is hand-colored. I got one from Klein himself at Comic-con a few years ago.

I think Todd did a similar one with Neil Gaiman, also double-signed. These are a great value.

He has a series of them; I have ones signed by Klein and Moore, Gaiman, JHW3 and Mark Buckingham. Not sure if there are more. I got them all at shows from todd, I remember being stunned when I saw the Moore and asked him if it was real! He assured me they were. 

The Moore and Gaiman ones are especially good as they tell a story. The others do as well, but not on the same level as those two!

On 9/22/2021 at 4:02 PM, Bird said:

He has a series of them; I have ones signed by Klein and Moore, Gaiman, JHW3 and Mark Buckingham. Not sure if there are more. I got them all at shows from todd, I remember being stunned when I saw the Moore and asked him if it was real! He assured me they were. 

The Moore and Gaiman ones are especially good as they tell a story. The others do as well, but not on the same level as those two!

I know there's one by Klein and Alex Ross that I like, I'll take a picture when I get home unless someone beats me to it.

Got a new (... to me) camera, as my last one was totally inadequate. This is my second purchase of a Kodak ... I don't know why I ever used anything else. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

eyUTbZD.jpg

...this was from my previous device ...

HlNGVPI.jpg

Edited by jimjum12

On 2/23/2022 at 9:48 AM, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

Just down to needing #2 in 9.8 in order to complete the set.

E803D1E9-B3D2-4061-8E98-233E83A180FA.jpeg

congrats!!

DC Comics Presents 85 (1985) "The Jungle Line"  is in my top 3 of all time favorite standalone stories.  Also my favorite Superman Story and standalone Alan Moore Story.

Glad I was able to obtain pages of art from the story back in the days when they cost less than a years rent.

image.thumb.png.8538fd391dd3d9f56cc0391c48f1cd68.png

Edited by MAR1979