• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Alan Moore Appreciation Thread
10 10

468 posts in this topic

On 6/2/2022 at 1:31 PM, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

Supreme #41 a.jpg

not sure if you're looking for it, but the variant is on the 'bay right now. (not my listing)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255563401185?hash=item3b80c407e1:g:TzAAAOSwLNRidDMm

On 6/2/2022 at 4:38 PM, revat said:

not sure if you're looking for it, but the variant is on the 'bay right now. (not my listing)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255563401185?hash=item3b80c407e1:g:TzAAAOSwLNRidDMm

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.  I have a gorgeous raw copy that I sent into CGC not too long ago, so I’m going to cross my fingers and hope it gets deemed a 9.8 instead of buying this one.  I recently bought a run of Moore’s Supreme’s but unfortunately only two looked like they might be 9.8’s.  The rest were in the very respectable 9.2 to 9.6 range though.

On 6/3/2022 at 7:56 PM, Bronty said:

definitely a classic, but not nearly as similar

Agreed, but with the green spotlight, the skeletal hand, and the general painted style, I still think it was in the mix somewhere.  Also, it's well known in a way the Wow is not, and a lot of the Tom Strong covers are riffs on famous pieces.

On 6/5/2022 at 1:57 PM, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

This one looks so familar, but I can't quite place it.  Maybe a Justice League of America?

Tom Strong #12.jpg

X-men #99?

3493494_Full_Obv.jpg?t=MTIvMjIvMjAyMSAxMDo0NTozMiBBTQ%3d%3d

Here's one more.  I suppose it's more accurate to call most of the Tom Strong covers evocative of earlier works, rather than direct homages.  Similar to the Promethea covers, where pretty much every issue was in the style of a specific artist but not necessarily a specific cover. 

Also, I love the Don Rosa prints. 

21916.jpg

783633.jpg

On 6/5/2022 at 4:02 PM, Namtak said:

Its a photo taken on the internet...i have one copy somewhere lol, i wish to find one graded later on!one of my favorite swamp thing story-parliament of trees!i think this book should be sought after more.

61cWSS4VrEL.jpg

The whole run is awesome.    Great book.