• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Alan Moore Appreciation Thread
10 10

467 posts in this topic

Hey, a quick question: does anybody have a list of all the Supreme and related issues Alan Moore did?  Trying to figure out exactly what actually got released, and by who, is a bit complicated and I want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

I also need to figure out where the books I already have are, some of the Supreme issues are surprisingly hard to track down these days. 

On 3/7/2023 at 3:05 PM, OtherEric said:

Hey, a quick question: does anybody have a list of all the Supreme and related issues Alan Moore did?  Trying to figure out exactly what actually got released, and by who, is a bit complicated and I want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

I also need to figure out where the books I already have are, some of the Supreme issues are surprisingly hard to track down these days. 

To follow up on my own question, let me list what I have figured out, and perhaps people can chime in if they see something I missed:

Supreme: 24 issues total: 41-51, 52a, 52b, 53-56, The Return 1-6, 63

Judgment Day: 5 issues:  Sourcebook, Alpha, Omega, 3, Aftermath

Youngblood: 4 issues: Awesome Holiday Special, 1-2, Awesome Adventures

Glory:  3 issues: 0-2.  There are 0 issues from both Awesome and Avatar, not sure if the Avatar version reprints the Awesome one.

Anybody know of anything I'm missing?

On 3/9/2023 at 10:01 AM, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

The only ones I don’t have are the Glory issues.  I didn’t know they were Supreme related.  I’ll have to read them now.  Thanks

I can now verify that the Avatar Glory 0 just reprints the Awesome Glory 0.  Supplemental material in both is different, and the Avatar version doesn't flip two pages on their sides to form double-page spreads.  Personally I think the Avatar version works better.

I think the only one I don't have at all is the Judgement Day sourcebook, which apparently has a new 6 page story by Moore.  But who knows where in storage my copies are of lots of the issues.

On 3/9/2023 at 12:48 PM, OtherEric said:

I can now verify that the Avatar Glory 0 just reprints the Awesome Glory 0.  Supplemental material in both is different, and the Avatar version doesn't flip two pages on their sides to form double-page spreads.  Personally I think the Avatar version works better.

I think the only one I don't have at all is the Judgement Day sourcebook, which apparently has a new 6 page story by Moore.  But who knows where in storage my copies are of lots of the issues.

There is apparently also a Youngblood 1+, with a 4 page story, just to complicate matters even further.

On 3/7/2023 at 8:01 PM, Bart Allen said:

The 10th and 11th copy I have -- the 11th is FN due to a small dent at the bottom that runs through the book, as well as having some light (non colour breaking) creasing across the cover. Pressing in the future ~

Picture 1 of 2Picture 2 of 2

Picture 1 of 3

Picture 2 of 3

Picture 3 of 3

Wow, congrats! I still need one!

On 3/11/2023 at 6:57 PM, JTLarsen said:

Let us pray: Kimota!

Did you see the price drop on Marvelman 25?

I was about to message you about that lol -- I sure did ~

The fact it's detached and in poor condition isn't helping ~ If Batman #1 (1940) is around $67k at 2.0 there's no way that issue is $50k -- overpriced ~ There' still quite a few of those issues out in the UK I'd imagine ~

On 3/11/2023 at 3:11 PM, Bart Allen said:

I was about to message you about that lol -- I sure did ~

The fact it's detached and in poor condition isn't helping ~ If Batman #1 (1940) is around $67k at 2.0 there's no way that issue is $50k -- overpriced ~ There' still quite a few of those issues out in the UK I'd imagine ~

Quite a few? I doubt Ewan would agree!