• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Alan Moore Appreciation Thread
10 10

467 posts in this topic

On 8/8/2020 at 9:20 AM, Comicopolis said:

Ah, the old Stars my Degradation strip from Sounds in the 70s/80s. I wish someone would collect the whole thing together.

I think Moore has said something along the lines of he feels the material is amateurish and he wouldn't feel right charging people to read it these days.  But in the past he allowed it to be posted online for free.  I've lost the link and have no idea if it's still authorized, but if you look I'm pretty sure it's still out there.

19 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

I think Moore has said something along the lines of he feels the material is amateurish and he wouldn't feel right charging people to read it these days.  But in the past he allowed it to be posted online for free.  I've lost the link and have no idea if it's still authorized, but if you look I'm pretty sure it's still out there.

I have fond memories of it, especially the treatment the X-Men got.

Captain Marvel Jr #23: January 20, 1954 - fifth mention of Marvelman Jr. (Young Marvelman) in text form. The penultimate issue before the title was changed to The Young Marvelman, Captain Marvelman Jr. in issue #24 ~

Added notes: Very bright cover with a strip of sellotape to spine edge. This has made the rear cover 3/4 inch spine edge transparent.
s-l1600.jpg

Spoiler

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg