• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Mexican Publication Spanish Silver Age Collection
2 2

270 posts in this topic

On 7/30/2022 at 3:30 PM, Kromak said:

Definitelly one of the most impressive La Prensa batches that I saw so far.

Mumex is my favourite I think :P

Thank you! That's one of my favorite PHM covers! I'm actually digging all of the mummy covers. Trying to get them from any/every country when I can. JIM 61 Mexican, TTA 8 Mexican, TTA 31 UK. I have the American versions too.

Journey into Mystery 61 front Spanish (2).jpg

Tales to Astonish 8 front Spanish.jpg

Tales to Astonish 31 UK raw front better.jpg

On 12/29/2021 at 7:16 PM, Frisco Larson said:

A rare book in any language, this is the La Prensa version of Dippy Duck #1, one of the last 2 comics to sport the Atlas logo on its cover before the implosion. 

Dippy Duck 1 Mexican front.jpg

I came here to see if this book was pictured un this thread...is this particular copy yours? I have one I bought a number of years ago and I could swear this was my copy.  I'm not home now, though I'll check tonight!

On 8/2/2022 at 10:58 AM, davidpg said:

I came here to see if this book was pictured un this thread...is this particular copy yours? I have one I bought a number of years ago and I could swear this was my copy.  I'm not home now, though I'll check tonight!

Yes, this is my copy. I still own it. It's cool that you have one as well. It's not an easy book to find.

On 8/2/2022 at 9:08 PM, Frisco Larson said:

Yes, this is my copy. I still own it. It's cool that you have one as well. It's not an easy book to find.

I have the same date stamp as well, that's why I'm confused!  I forgot last night to grab a pic..I'll set a reminder and post tomorrow (with my two Atlas copies ;) ).

On 8/2/2022 at 9:08 PM, Frisco Larson said:

Here we go!

image.thumb.png.3d352a189ffefd677f429dc981be2b71.png

Same date stamp in almost the identical position, same NCB crease in the center of the spine.  Our books are brothers, there's no doubt about that.  Now was there a stack of these found and released? Or did all these books get printed and distributed  and date stamped before they were sent out to stores?  Lots of questions ;)

Edited by davidpg