• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Mexican Publication Spanish Silver Age Collection
2 2

270 posts in this topic

On 8/4/2022 at 7:15 AM, davidpg said:

Here we go!

image.thumb.png.3d352a189ffefd677f429dc981be2b71.png

Same date stamp in almost the identical position, same NCB crease in the center of the spine.  Our books are brothers, there's no doubt about that.  Now was there a stack of these found and released? Or did all these books get printed and distributed  and date stamped before they were sent out to stores?  Lots of questions ;)

I actually have quite a few books with that same arrival date stamps and got most of them from the same source. I would guess that there was a fairly decent sized find oof 1958/1959 stamped La Prensa comics of several genres. I'm pretty sure I've posted most of mine earlier in this thread if you want to reference them for similarities. I don't have any specific concrete details about how and where these were found. I may be able to obtain some in the near future though, I'll keep you posted. 

Judging from some of the images posted, there was apparently no "Comics Code Authority" south of the border. :wink: (I remember I read somewhere Jim Steranko said he was told to scale back some of the cleavage he was drawing on some of his female figures back in his 60's Nick Fury run as the CCA censors were having them go back and remove some of it before they would approve it for publication.)

Edited by Jaylam

On 8/11/2022 at 10:43 PM, BLUECHIPCOLLECTIBLES said:

178 naked gwen.jpg

The inner colors appears to be superior than US publications of same time :P. Some nice Duran covers in there too.

On 8/12/2022 at 1:56 PM, Jaylam said:

Judging from some of the images posted, there was apparently no "Comics Code Authority" south of the border. :wink:

Not on Mexico, but Brazil had its own ethics code. I still have to do an small article about it.

Edited by Kromak

On 8/15/2022 at 7:53 AM, Frisco Larson said:

Thank you so much! I'm so happy that someone else digs these books too!!! (thumbsu

The unique Spidey covers are especially thrilling. I wish I'd picked these up back in the day. 

Heritage recently held a substantial auction of International Edition comics, and I was happy to be in the bidding pool!!! Most of these are the only graded copies and since in my eyes the Spider is King, that's mostly what I focused on. The cover colors on most of these are outstanding!!!

Amazing Spider-Man annual 2 7.0 ow front Mexican Edition.jpg