• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Mexican Publication Spanish Silver Age Collection
2 2

270 posts in this topic

With issue #6, Lorna's title officially became, "Lorna, the Jungle Girl." An Editora Sol publication once more, it appears as though they did zero downsizing of the bosom area of this issue. Oops, almost forgot the back cover. 

Lorna Jungle Girl 6 7.0 ow-w Mexican Edition front.jpg

Lorna Jungle Girl 6 7.0 ow-w Mexican Edition back.jpg

Edited by Frisco Larson

2 hours ago, Frisco Larson said:

They must have really gotten their moneys worth out of THIS artwork, as here it is, used AGAIN for another La Prensa title, El Despertar del Mundo! As stated in the previous post, there was an American comic that used this artwork as well, that issue being Journey Into Unknown Worlds #44. Fun!

Journey Into Unknown Worlds 44 front Spanish Mundo.jpg

2 hours ago, Frisco Larson said:

Following along with the Mexican Edition title, Misterios Del Gato Negro is the shared cover art to Journey Into Unknown Worlds #44. 

Journey Into Unknown Worlds 44 front Spanish.jpg

The Alan Class approach to comics - never use a cover once when you can use it twice (or thrice) :bigsmile:

Brilliant thread Frisco, thanks for sharing :headbang:

39 minutes ago, Frisco Larson said:

My Mexican Journey into Mystery 82 centerfold_LI.jpg

The chap in the middle right panel of the first page seems to stand out there, with a quality of art superior to the surrounding panels. 

25 minutes ago, Frisco Larson said:

Thank you so much, I really appreciate that! It's been a labor of love with these books, tracking them down and identifying them. I've really been bitten by the Atlas bug in recent years! I debated whether or not to start this thread, not knowing if anybody would even bother to look at it. I'm VERY happy to see that some are!!! 

Threads like this keep the boards interesting for me - great covers that we're not used to seeing. Keep it up :golfclap:

4 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

The chap in the middle right panel of the first page seems to stand out there, with a quality of art superior to the surrounding panels. 

Suspected redraw? I'd guess that happened quite a bit. The cover to the Lorna, the Jungle Queen #4 I posted CLEARLY has an adjustment to her chest area. I actually find it FUN spotting the modifications and outright substitutions! As I said somewhere else, it's like being in an old familiar house and discovering a room you didn't know existed! :banana:

5 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Threads like this keep the boards interesting for me - great covers that we're not used to seeing. Keep it up :golfclap:

Thanks again for this! I will do my best to keep adding to this thread. Most of these books are raw, so when I have the time, I can snap some interior shots to show contents that may be unique to these specific books. 

6 minutes ago, Frisco Larson said:

Suspected redraw? I'd guess that happened quite a bit. The cover to the Lorna, the Jungle Queen #4 I posted CLEARLY has an adjustment to her chest area.

I see what you mean.

That's some pair isn't it.

1183700943_2020-05-2120_44_26.thumb.jpg.2c2f2e68bf7bf3c0668631431f8f9541.jpg

Of alligators I mean :D

5 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

I see what you mean.

That's some pair isn't it.

1183700943_2020-05-2120_44_26.thumb.jpg.2c2f2e68bf7bf3c0668631431f8f9541.jpg

Of alligators I mean :D

Indeed! I wonder what they saw that they thought wouldn't be ok? Here's the book again, with a focused shot of the American release. I mean, yeah, there's a size difference, but nothing I would think objectionable. (shrug)

Lorna Jungle Queen 4 7.0 ow-w Mexican Edition front.jpg

Lorna the jungle queen 4 raw (2).jpg