• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Submitting Mags to CGC
3 3

221 posts in this topic

On 4/19/2022 at 7:45 PM, carcrawfordfan said:

Anyone have any tips on removing mailing labels from Magazines before sending in? I have done a fair amount of googling, but nothing seems definitive. Any advice? Thanks!

I think I'd let sleeping dogs lie.

On 11/5/2022 at 1:25 AM, batmiesta said:

Submitting mags to CGC? Don't :censored: do it, TAT's just went up again to 221 days, what a absolute take, it was nowhere near that when I sent mine off in February, talk about moving the goal posts. :mad:

Bateman.gif

On 11/5/2022 at 8:54 PM, Mrs. Tux said:

You sure about that? hm Magazine TATs have been over 200 working days for quite a while now.

Not since February though, if it was 200+ back then I wouldn't have bothered. 

On 11/5/2022 at 8:54 PM, Mrs. Tux said:

You sure about that? hm Magazine TATs have been over 200 working days for quite a while now.

I was hoping to have them back in time  for Christmas, but at this rate my hopes are diminishing. :violin:

On 11/7/2022 at 5:15 PM, wombat said:

Christmas is a real possibility. In 2023. 

Up another 9 days, so you are most likely correct, what a shower of :censored:,s, I actually emailed them to send my books back and refund me because I was so pissed, but got the generic tripe usual response. 

Edited by batmiesta

On 12/14/2022 at 6:30 PM, mintcomics1 said:

Why are the TATs so long for magazines? 247 days right now on the Services page for modern and economy with no guarantees.

Is the backlog really that bad?  Does it take that long to hire and train people to reduce delivery times?

My guess is that since tiers like Standard, Express and Walkthrough are a higher priority, most mags get pushed onto the back burner. Also, training new people to grade magazines can be a difficult process, because most graders are only familiar with grading regular comics. And since the magazine graders are often quite versatile, they usually have to grade a wide variety of other books as well...all of which leads to longer turnaround times for magazines. 

On 12/15/2022 at 2:40 AM, The Lions Den said:

My guess is that since tiers like Standard, Express and Walkthrough are a higher priority, most mags get pushed onto the back burner. Also, training new people to grade magazines can be a difficult process, because most graders are only familiar with grading regular comics. And since the magazine graders are often quite versatile, they usually have to grade a wide variety of other books as well...all of which leads to longer turnaround times for magazines. 

It still baffles me how I can send in 10 moderns that are entered into the system on the 30th of November and they are on their way back now, yet the 12 mags I sent in February are still SFG.  :wavingwhiteflag:

On 12/15/2022 at 2:40 AM, The Lions Den said:

They seem to add 5 days on a week.