• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Submitting Mags to CGC
3 3

221 posts in this topic

On 1/19/2022 at 12:17 AM, wombat said:

I couldn't possibly be more disappointed with the grades. It my worst case scenarios they weren't this bad. 

Going to share them with us WB? What grades were you expecting? Worried about mine now. :ohnoez:

On 1/18/2022 at 9:21 PM, batmiesta said:

Going to share them with us WB? What grades were you expecting? Worried about mine now. :ohnoez:

I'm most disappointed with the BC 3's. I was expecting 9.0+ on one of them and 8.0+ on the other. I should have them in hand soon and see if it looks like there was any damage I wasn't expecting. 

image.thumb.png.afa6215a0612f6510174f7ec06e78a23.png

On 1/18/2022 at 6:37 PM, wombat said:

I'm most disappointed with the BC 3's. I was expecting 9.0+ on one of them and 8.0+ on the other. I should have them in hand soon and see if it looks like there was any damage I wasn't expecting. 

Damn that's a shocker for sure.

On 1/18/2022 at 8:37 PM, wombat said:

That's tough.  On the bright side, that Eerie 23 in 8.5 is worth a pile of money.  (thumbsu

On 1/19/2022 at 2:37 AM, wombat said:

Do you always look at the grades before you get them back? I never do, I like the surprise big kid that I am.  Thanks for sharing, especially when you are disappointed. :frown:

On 1/19/2022 at 3:55 AM, This is Who We Are said:

Sent several mags out today...ever the optimist I’ll hope to get back to you all in a couple years

And if they hurt my mags I’m gonna be fuming

What have you sent? :popcorn:

On 1/18/2022 at 11:37 PM, batmiesta said:

Do you always look at the grades before you get them back? I never do, I like the surprise big kid that I am.  Thanks for sharing, especially when you are disappointed. :frown:

I usually don't. But since these were at CGC for so long they dropped off of the "my submissions" page. So you have to look them up by submission # to see what status they are. And that page shows the grade right when you go into the screen. I couldn't help but to see them. 

Honestly I'm glad I did. The disappointment would have been way worse pulling them out one by one. 

On 1/18/2022 at 8:49 PM, wombat said:

I usually don't. But since these were at CGC for so long they dropped off of the "my submissions" page. So you have to look them up by submission # to see what status they are. And that page shows the grade right when you go into the screen. I couldn't help but to see them. 

Honestly I'm glad I did. The disappointment would have been way worse pulling them out one by one. 

They aren't such bad grades. The Eerie 23 is awesome, and those Blazing Combat books are notoriously tough in the 9.0+ area. Especially the #4 with a white front but black back cover. How was the spine on the #4's.

On 1/19/2022 at 4:49 AM, wombat said:

Yeah! I bet it would, what will you do with them? Keep or sell? 

On 1/21/2022 at 11:55 AM, This is Who We Are said:

If anyone can clarify,

If sending a book in to be pressed is that wait time separate from the grading wait time?  
Thanks!👍🏻

Definitely separate. Someone posted the other day if you send in on the slowest tier of each it is well over a year combined at this point. 

So economy pressing is currently 217 working days and economy grading is currently 249 days. Even worse than I thought as magazines are slower than regular comics. So 466 working days. lol. You can pay more to have them done faster. Some quick googling tells me that 466 working days from today translates to November 3rd 2023 if the clock started today. That doesn't even count holidays, just weekends. 

Edited by wombat