• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Submitting Mags to CGC
3 3

221 posts in this topic

On 1/21/2022 at 2:56 PM, wombat said:

So economy pressing is currently 217 working days and economy grading is currently 249 days. Even worse than I thought as magazines are slower than regular comics. So 466 working days. lol. You can pay more to have them done faster. Some quick googling tells me that 466 working days from today translates to November 3rd 2023 if the clock started today. That doesn't even count holidays, just weekends. 

That's just ludicrous. At some point they should just stop accepting new books. 

On 1/21/2022 at 3:24 PM, SuperBird said:

PSA did that with cards. Still they did it a few month later than they shoudl have. People are now getting standard submissions back they submitted Dec 2020  Slows down flippers I guess?

Sooner or later if you don't shut the inbound flow off, you will drown!

On 1/21/2022 at 3:24 PM, SuperBird said:

Even more ludicrous is they won't talk to you about the turn around times when you submitted. Only what they are currently. When I submitted TAT was 140 days. Then 8 months later it was well over 200 and that is what they use to see if it is late. 

On 1/21/2022 at 3:51 PM, MAR1979 said:

PSA did that with cards. Still they did it a few month later than they shoudl have. People are now getting standard submissions back they submitted Dec 2020  Slows down flippers I guess?

Sooner or later if you don't shut the inbound flow off, you will drown!

There is zero chance blackstone would allow them to stop taking submissions. 

On 1/21/2022 at 3:52 PM, wombat said:

There is zero chance blackstone would allow them to stop taking submissions. 

Collector's Universe/PSA which was purchased late in 2021 by Nat Tuner's group did. Interesting that one considered it a good business move and the other does not. Almost like Blackstone knows it wont be around for any fallout , whereas as the Turner group has no plans for a near future skedaddle. 

BTW PSA did still take express and walk through submissions.

Best I can say is folks is when the worm turns and it always does, do you best to recall the way you were treated.

Edited by MAR1979

On 1/22/2022 at 3:53 PM, Rip said:

I sent in one magazine and got the grade yesterday.

After seeing the recent Comiclink sale of $7299 for Deadly Hands of Kung Fu 19 in the record magazine prices thread, I finally submitted my copy.

:yeehaw:

Screen Shot 2022-01-22 at 7.46.32 AM.png

Kungfu19.jpg.ababebeaaf54858cc64edb6bf87efa5f.jpg

So! You wouldn't have submitted it if it wasn't for me? :smirk: Beers are on you after you have paid for my flight over to the west coast, can't wait. :banana: 

Seriously though, congratulations, beautiful book. :drool: Make sure you show us when you get it back, where did you get it from?

On 1/22/2022 at 8:22 AM, batmiesta said:

So! You wouldn't have submitted it if it wasn't for me? :smirk: Beers are on you after you have paid for my flight over to the west coast, can't wait. :banana: 

Seriously though, congratulations, beautiful book. :drool: Make sure you show us when you get it back, where did you get it from?

I've owned it for around 5 years or so. Bought it locally from a small local seller here in my home town. Not a store. Paid around $180 I think. Which actually wasn't a terrible price for seller back then. I really loved the cover and knew it was a tough book to find in grade.

Edited by Rip

On 1/22/2022 at 4:28 PM, Rip said:

I've owned it for around 5 years or so. Bought it locally from a small local seller here in my home town. Not a store. Paid around $180 I think. Which actually wasn't a terrible price for seller back then.

Yeah! 5 Years ago nobody was talking about that book, so $180 was a decent price to pay back then, paid off for you big style, it's a great book.