• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1980 Moon Knight Series set & WWBN #32
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Good afternoon,

I am not sure if this is the correct area for this "request" but I figured I would throw it out there and see if it sticks.

The Moon Knight 1980s series registry has the Three Werewolf By Night (32, 33 & 37), as well as the two Marvel Spotlight appearances (28 & 29) as part of their score, which I would argue offsets the point of that particular set. With the incredible score that WWBN #32 offers it makes the set not about the 38 issue run but who has the highest grade WWBN #32. A rough guess example is that a 9.4 WWBN #32 is almost equivalent to the entire 38 issue run in 9.8.  In full disclosure I have a set competing for the top slot in that registry, but if the 5 above books were to be removed I would not catapult into first place (although my full run of the 38 issues definitely would be higher than 16th).

There is a Moon Knight (Master Set) which seems a more appropriate place for the 5 books (they are already in the set) mentioned above so that the 1980 Moon Knight series can shine on their own. 

I would also welcome input from board members as I recognize that I am just one opinion of many.

Thank you for your time and attention,

jcronin

Hello @jcronin,

At first glance I would agree with you. This is a 1980 set and the books were published prior to this set title date. Just for the sake of clarity, will you please post this as its own thread on the CGC Registry section of the boards? This will garner more views and possible feedback from others. You may include my comments as well. Thank you

Edited by jcronin
spelling error

As a fellow Moon Knight fan I agree with this. Including prior issues like this are best left for sets that focus on certain small creative runs (For example the set 'Swamp Thing #1-#10 1972' does include House of Secrets #92 and that is fine because that entire set features only the issues done by Bernie Wrightson - and a full Swamp Thing set exists separate from this still for completionist)

I second the idea of placing Moon Knight's pre-solo series appearances into their own new set (Werewolf By Night 32, 33 & 37, and Marvel Spotlight 28 & 29). Full discloser, I don't have a competitive set for that series (I collect a later Moon Knight volume) so don't really have a horse in that race :)

Edited by Sauce Dog