• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does CGC pre-screen magazines? How much? Terms?

2 posts in this topic

I posted this in the magazine section first, I guess I should have posted it here.

Anyway, I have never submitted anything to CGC before but I have acquired a large collection of very high grade Eerie mags I want to sell. I have the following questions:

1. Does CGC pre-screen magazines?

2. If so, how much do they charge per mag for the rejects?

3. What is the minimum number of mags that must be submited for pre-screening at once?

4. Can magazine pre-screens be combined with comic book pre-screens to reach the minimum number required?

5. How do I go about submitting my mags for pre-screening, given that this service is not really advertised on the CGC website.

6. Anything else I need to know?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

• Administrator

We have a Magazine pre-screen option, where you can send in a large # of magazines and specify one minimum grade; We will then screen them for that grade and those that meet or exceed it will be graded at the regular full price and turnaround for it's grading tier and the rest will be returned to you, unslabbed, at a minimum charge.

For books that fall in the Magazine Economy tier the minimum number needed is 50 and the charge for the rejects is $5-7 (based upon the percent rejected).

You would want to list your books on several invoices and note on each one that it is a Prescreen and the minimum grade desired. The books will be screened and then graded, at the end of the grading process you will be charged. If you use an internet submission form, you don't need to worry about the totals shown, as they will be adjusted after the screening.

We ask that you do not combine Prescreens of different grading tiers in order to reach the 50 book minimum.