• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Farrell (The Lone Rider, Haunted Thrills, Strange Fantasy, etc.)
2 2

114 posts in this topic

Just now, telerites said:

That is such a great cover.  They both look great, Paul.

Thanks Jeff. I slabbed the 0.5 myself some time ago but was disappointed with how CGC treated it. OK a third of the back cover is out, but to call it incomplete was way harsh IMO. I felt it deserved 1-0-1.5 all day long. 

2 minutes ago, G G ® said:

Thanks Jeff. I slabbed the 0.5 myself some time ago but was disappointed with how CGC treated it. OK a third of the back cover is out, but to call it incomplete was way harsh IMO. I felt it deserved 1-0-1.5 all day long. 

I think CGC gives a remaindered book a .5 but I often think presentation should come into play and that a portion missing from the BC should not be graded as harshly as the same size portion from the FC.  I consider the FC to be part of the story but I can see the same size piece from a book is considered the same.

Regardless, I would take a 1/3 missing BC to a 1/3 missing FC (which is usually the top logo and could easily cut into the characters) any day.  

And even more so when the book sports a great cover like yours.

1 minute ago, comicjack said:

Can you imagine what that would cost if it was Punch12  i think you are a smart collector (thumbsu

That's very kind of you to say. I have always loved this book. It took me years to get my 1.0 which is structurally a 7.0 but has that tear on the right, but I love it. Then I got the 3.0 from a boardie and was determined to get the 1.5 in an auction. I will do whatever I can to acquire this book whenever I can.

2 minutes ago, G G ® said:

That's very kind of you to say. I have always loved this book. It took me years to get my 1.0 which is structurally a 7.0 but has that tear on the right, but I love it. Then I got the 3.0 from a boardie and was determined to get the 1.5 in an auction. I will do whatever I can to acquire this book whenever I can.

One of the top five skull covers on the comic book imho :banana: