• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who's Minty-Mint?

36 posts in this topic

Whoever he is, he's assembled a kick- ASM collection. I was checking the registry for the first time in a while and was amazed to see that someone had zoomed into 2nd place, ahead of Ghosttown, in the ASM 1-25 registry. Not too far behind Doug's run (granted, Doug is still #1 in the registry even though he's removed a lot of the books, amazing what a 9.6 copy of ASM 1 will do for ya!).

is it possible that people go and pull the serial numbers and just "make" a set?

27_laughing.gif Probably. But that would be so pathetic. To cheat to be #1 in a competition that no one cares about. screwy.gif

is it possible that people go and pull the serial numbers and just "make" a set?

27_laughing.gif Probably. But that would be so pathetic. To cheat to be #1 in a competition that no one cares about. screwy.gif

Oh, i would dare say some of those people do care a lot. sumo.gif

Obviously, people care about the registry or they would not waste their time putting up there books. I would venture there is a bit of jealousy on some people's part. The notion that because he has a nice set, he may not exist is ludicrus.

Obviously, people care about the registry or they would not waste their time putting up there books. I would venture there is a bit of jealousy on some people's part. The notion that because he has a nice set, he may not exist is ludicrus.

I guess I viewed it more as showing off rather than competition. I mean, no one's going to top Capt Tripps' sets, right?

I guess I viewed it more as showing off rather than competition. I mean, no one's going to top Capt Tripps' sets, right?

Not for many titles. But if Tom Brulato put his sets on the registry, there would be serious competition.

Plus, someone will beat Doug out on ASM at some point.

I can't see anyone topping his TOS, TTA, Strange Tales, FF or X-Men runs, even though I half jokingly offer him money for his Daredevil run.

tongue.gif

Not for many titles. But if Tom Brulato put his sets on the registry, there would be serious competition.

Plus, someone will beat Doug out on ASM at some point.

I can't see anyone topping his TOS, TTA, Strange Tales, FF or X-Men runs, even though I half jokingly offer him money for his Daredevil run.

tongue.gif

Doesn't Tom own the ASM #1 9.8?

But he's the only one. The gulf between the Big 2 and everyone else would be massive.

Anyways, my point was that any mere mortal who posts their sets in any of the main Marvel SA titles can't be doing it to compete, because it would be impossible to compete. Ergo, they are just doing it to show off or share what is in their collection.

But he's the only one. The gulf between the Big 2 and everyone else would be massive.

Anyways, my point was that any mere mortal who posts their sets in any of the main Marvel SA titles can't be doing it to compete, because it would be impossible to compete. Ergo, they are just doing it to show off or share what is in their collection.

Well, my ASM collection is only $500,000.00 or so away from being real competition....... 27_laughing.giffrown.gifChristo_pull_hair.gif

Well, my ASM collection is only $500,000.00 or so away from being real competition....... 27_laughing.giffrown.gifChristo_pull_hair.gif

So? Get cracking!!! poke2.gif

I will get cracking.......then trimming......then pressing,,,,,,,,then resubbing......then selling.........then cracking again.

"When in Rome......." grin.gif

So? Get cracking!!! poke2.gif

I will get cracking.......then trimming......then pressing,,,,,,,,then resubbing......then selling.........then cracking again.

"When in Rome......." grin.gif

893whatthe.gifChristo_pull_hair.gif

Well, as the holder of ninth or tenth place in the ASM registry "competition", I concur that my set is up purely for show-off value. I also love to post scans of examples of my collection on these boards, again most definitely to show the suckers off. It's a weird mentality, I realize, but I certainly get more of a response from the CGC registry and boards than from any member of my immediate family! insane.gif