• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Top 10 D.C. Silver Age Keys
3 3

128 posts in this topic

I only have one of these...but i'll play :banana: I agree with the top 5 of the list (but would add more Flash if I could :insane: of course) As for the order of importance for the bottom 5, I would tend to put SC34 a little higher maybe? Should Batgirl be in there somewhere?...I don't know, great picks all of them! I did not read the Marvel thread so i'm not sure what type of discussion you are looking for here so I apologize if i'm off base.

image.png

Not too exciting compared to marvels when the top 2 books are updated characters although greatly improved upon imo. Batgirl doesn't excite me much, already had zorro, batman, batman side kick, female batman, younger female batman, then a successful younger female batman. Fairly expensive and collectible though. 

2 hours ago, flashlites said:

I only have one of these...but i'll play :banana: I agree with the top 5 of the list (but would add more Flash if I could :insane: of course) As for the order of importance for the bottom 5, I would tend to put SC34 a little higher maybe? Should Batgirl be in there somewhere?...I don't know, great picks all of them! I did not read the Marvel thread so i'm not sure what type of discussion you are looking for here so I apologize if i'm off base.

image.png

even a lower grade nice presenting copy like yours is selling too much for me to buy.. If I wanted a nicer decent copy I'd have to spend a rack!

4 hours ago, Rezin1234 said:

I believe tec225 is viewed as golden age. If not its typically pricier than bb28. 

also batman 121 is absolutely missing. It’s far more valuable than Batman 181 and flash123

I've always thought Detective 225 was very early SA, so that's interesting. Either way it wouldn't be important than BB28.

I struggled with Batman 121, which is one of my favorites. Excluded it because of the relative distance between that Mr. Freeze and the version we all know. But it's a fair point.

10 hours ago, bpc3qh said:

Inspired by the recently resurrected Marvel thread. This should be fun (I hope):

1. Showcase 4
  2. Showcase 22
  3. Brave and the Bold 28
  4. Flash 123
  5. Action Comics 252
  6. Batman 181
  7. Action Comics 242
  8. Detective Comics 225
  9. Justice League 21
  10. Showcase 34

Our Army at War #83 comes in at number 4 on that list when you add it. Not to mention Adventure Comics 247 placing at 5.(thumbsu

Edited by bronze johnny

2 hours ago, KirbyJack said:

Here are Mr. Overstreet’s thoughts on the matter. B&B 28 is UP there!

14C61407-E910-41D1-B5F2-A997B96D1FE0.thumb.png.2f0f5550b1bf578cc32be3c32c580e21.png

Of these top 50 comics, I have 30 of them. I am missing Showcase #4, Flash #105, Adventure Comics #247, Action Comics #242, Action Comics #252, Our Army at War #83, Showcase #8, Showcase #9, Incredible Hulk #2, Lois Lane #1, Showcase #13, Showcase #14, Tales to Astonish #13, Our Army at War #81, Richie Rich #1, Flash #106, Brave and the Bold #25, Strange Tales #89, Journey Into Mystery #84, and Incredible Hulk #3.

The issues I put in bold are issues that I would like to add to my collection at some point in time. Right now, the issues I would be most interested in would be AC #247, SC #8, and TtA #13.

Wow...crazy to see Brave & Bold 25 on the list, and as more valuable than Avengers 4.

Yeah - I know there was a movie (and another on the way), but 10 years ago this book would have struggled to make top 75-100.

15 hours ago, Rezin1234 said:

I believe tec225 is viewed as golden age.

By whom?

15 hours ago, Rezin1234 said:

also batman 121 is absolutely missing. It’s far more valuable than Batman 181 and flash123

And? (shrug)