• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 300 heating up
8 8

1,679 posts in this topic

On 10/27/2021 at 2:53 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Just a correction…my goal is 80 copies, and I’m at 54 now (maybe 55?  It’s been so long since the most recent copies were submitted to CGC for grading)

However, I had to hit the pause button on my ASM 300 purchases because I was able to strike a deal on a piece of OA that I’ve wanted for some time.  The seller and I worked out a time payment plan and I still have several months to go before the artwork is mine.

for me, OA is a one of a kind item that will always take precedence over comic books so I likely won’t be acquiring additional copies until the new year (unless they arrive via trade) 👍🏻

I’m curious what your end goal is once you get 80 copies.  Doesn’t seem like an investment, as you didn’t sell at its peak.  Or do you believe the book is going to surge again and break new highs?

On 10/28/2021 at 1:15 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

I’m curious what your end goal is once you get 80 copies.  Doesn’t seem like an investment, as you didn’t sell at its peak.  Or do you believe the book is going to surge again and break new highs?

I just now read the first post it explains JJJ11's goal

On 11/9/2021 at 9:06 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

A closer look at this sale shows the seller has only 35 feedback, all as a buyer and none as a seller so I'm 100% certain the inherent risk imbedded therein kept several potential bidders away.

Next!!!

On 11/9/2021 at 1:41 PM, Frankielo said:

ASM 300 9.4 signed by Todd Mcfarlane just sold on eBay for $1,202  can anyone say market correction coming?!

On 11/10/2021 at 2:56 PM, Frankielo said:

I don’t know, Ebay may be a lot of things but it does protect the buyer

IMHO

Signed or not , the book is dirt common in 9.4, 9.4 on a book of this era is not high grade.

Any correction on a high population book will begin at non hi grade levels. As demand on those much more difficult to maintain.

On 11/10/2021 at 2:54 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

8.5 double-signed newsstand is at $1,186 on 24 bids with 5 days left: https://www.ebay.com/itm/115082101639?hash=item1acb6d8387:g:Ka4AAOSw8Bxhhagb

Seller has 530 feedback with 100% positive. So maybe there's something to the theory of the newbie seller...

Then again, a 9.0 signed (but by Michelinie only) sold for $761: https://www.ebay.com/itm/274994645339?hash=item4006f5495b:g:Ye0AAOSwKmphSj8M

and then an 8.0 signed by the Toddfather went for $811: https://www.ebay.com/itm/124979443268?hash=item1d195af644:g:JLcAAOSwjZVhYyPv

So who knows?

Edited by Jesse-Lee

Don't think we can compare 8.0-9.0 ss to a 9.4 ss however 9.4 is definitely a step down from a 9.6-9.8 for this book with the volume of graded copies out there.

I do agree with Mar1979 that a market correction will start with lower grades.

So is this just an outlier(it was sold midweek and midday)?

On 11/22/2021 at 12:37 PM, BigLeagueCHEW said:
On 11/22/2021 at 9:22 AM, Hulksdaddy1 said:

HA is NOT the place to sell ASM300 it seems.

Apparently :facepalm: , but maybe for me to buy hm

Heritage is most definitely NOT the major auction site you should be going to if you want to sell a highest graded copy or near highest graded copy of what is actually a relatively common book with multiple HG copies showing up in every single auction.  :p

Even more so once you factor in both their BP and SP fees which you as the consignor have to pay for out of your auctions proceeds. :censored:

Edited by lou_fine

On 11/22/2021 at 5:54 PM, lou_fine said:

Heritage is most definitely NOT the major auction site you should be going to if you want to sell a highest graded copy or near highest graded copy of what is actually a relatively common book with multiple HG copies showing up in every single auction.  :p

Even more so once you factor in both their BP and SP fees which you as the consignor have to pay for out of your auctions proceeds. :censored:

Agreed.  IMHO in the situation you described the only winner is Heritage. Most bidders factor the 20% + their high Heritage shipping costs into their bid. As for the buyer they get to wait 3-5 weeks for Heritage to ship the item and that's if they are lucky after calling multiple times.

Edited by MAR1979

I know there's a lot of folks who post on this thread that want the price of this book to come back down to whatever amount they deem to be a 'fair' price, and they post here citing example of when the book underperforms, possibly hoping to see/start a downward trend. 

However, based on recent sales, the general trend has been upwards over the past 10 days and we are now very close to average sales of 9.8's at $7K.  Perhaps the slew of 9.8's on Clink will lower the average or perhaps it won't.  Either way, it should be interesting to see where this book ends in Jan.

And once again, congrats to the buyer of the HA copy at $4.8K, and my condolences to the seller. (thumbsu

On 11/29/2021 at 5:22 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

And once again, congrats to the buyer of the HA copy at $4.8K, and my condolences to the seller. (thumbsu

Not necessary and more like congrats if the seller had paid only cover price less the usual discount for the book at the time it first came out. :banana: 

Especially if they were like most other collectors at the time of the book's release, and picking up mulitple copies of the book.  :takeit:

Edited by lou_fine