• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 300 heating up
8 8

1,679 posts in this topic

On 7/5/2021 at 7:45 PM, lou_fine said:

Well, if this is the case, then does it mean that Spidey 238 is finally starting to do a big time catch up to Spidey 300:   :whatthe:  

https://comics.ha.com/itm/modern-age-1980-present-/the-amazing-spider-man-238-with-tattooz-marvel-1983-cgc-nm-94-white-pages/a/122127-11137.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515#

lf?set=path%5B2%2F4%2F3%2F1%2F0%2F24310353%5D&call=url%5Bfile%3Aproduct.chain%5D

Sold for $1,320 in Heritage Sunday Auction last night which definitely appears to be substantially higher than recent sales for this book in CGC 9.4.  :applause:

Seeing that book boils my blood!

When I moved out of my parents house, I initially left my comics behind thinking they would be safer there. My life at the time was a complete mess of rowdy partying, straight whiskey and loose women.

8-10 years passed and I settled down, had my first kid and got married. I went back home for my books and discovered that my older brother had pillaged through my boxes and took a bunch of books. 

There was some good stuff in there, mostly moderns but I had multiple copies of NM98 and ASM361 along with a pristine copy of ASM238 and they were gone...ALL GONE!

He swears to this day that he didnt take em but I know he did because he despised Image and I noticed none of them were missing.

On 7/21/2021 at 5:41 PM, Hulksdaddy1 said:

Corrected down to only 3x the 2019 average lol

Yep... everyone keeps saying correction, but the reality is the net difference over year end 2020 is still 2x or more for many keys

On 9/20/2021 at 8:08 AM, ygogolak said:

With the Venom / Spider-Man movie crossover rumored you will want to pickup their first meeting!

So it that officially ASM 252? SW 8? ASM 299? or ASM 300?  No matter which all have been hot books for 30+ years are are some of the highest populated books all time on the CGC census - although early on 299 was less so than the others.   Still the time to pick up these books was in the 1980's or 1990's certainly not at full market price in 2021. 

Given the copious amount of each book on the census and growing exponentially every year how much room for fiscal growth do they really have? Which is a question not a statement :)

Edited by MAR1979

On 9/22/2021 at 10:47 AM, MAR1979 said:

So it that officially ASM 252? SW 8? ASM 299? or ASM 300?  No matter which all have been hot books for 30+ years are are some of the highest populated books all time on the CGC census - although early on 299 was less so than the others.   Still the time to pick up these books was in the 1980's or 1990's certainly not a full market price in 2021. 

Given the copious amount of each book on the census and growing exponentially every year how much room for fiscal growth do they really have? Which is a question not a statement :)

I thought it was ASM 258?

:baiting:

On 9/22/2021 at 11:47 AM, MAR1979 said:

So it that officially ASM 252? SW 8? ASM 299? or ASM 300?  No matter which all have been hot books for 30+ years are are some of the highest populated books all time on the CGC census - although early on 299 was less so than the others.   Still the time to pick up these books was in the 1980's or 1990's certainly not at full market price in 2021. 

It was a joke....:insane:

On 9/22/2021 at 2:53 PM, ygogolak said:

It was a joke....:insane:

Still though you may have hit the nail on the head :) The hobby has become a speculative joke courtesy of the Social Media crowd.   Speculation in Comics has not been good as those of use who lived through the 1990's know. Sure a few do profit, but most in the end lose.

Edited by MAR1979

On 9/22/2021 at 6:32 PM, MAR1979 said:

Still though you may have hit the nail on the head :) The hobby has become a speculative joke courtesy of the Social Media crowd.   Speculation in Comics has not been good as those of use who lived through the 1990's know. Sure a few do profit, but most in the end lose.

So what?  I can live with those results, I'd imagine a bunch of folks on here could do so as well.

On 9/28/2021 at 1:24 PM, bluehorseshoe said:

So what?  I can live with those results, I'd imagine a bunch of folks on here could do so as well.

If it means a Bear Market eventually, as collector then yes I'm all for that as well!  I do realize that a Bear Market won't affect true keys and blue chip type books. It would mean no more Marvel random 1st appearance hot book de jour  due to TV tie-in or other random minutiae. 

Sadly though it would likely mean (or rather hasten) the demise of more comics shops.  As speculators exiting a hobby never leave a hobby in better shape than before they jumped in. Which was the 1990's reference in my last posting.

Edited by MAR1979