• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Certification Number Not Found
1 1

6 posts in this topic

I'm interested in purchasing a CGC graded comic with a serial certification number of 0242499006, but this isn't found in the CGC database.  I'm concerned about being scammed as the seller explains that there aren't any notes for the 2.0 graded comic.  Is it normal for a cert number to not be found - or does that indicate the comic-grading may not be genuine?  The reason I'm investigating is because the seller said the comic's never been cleaned or pressed, but I don't know how he can tell this without grader notes.

Edited by earthprime

• Administrator
On 6/20/2020 at 11:46 PM, earthprime said:

I'm interested in purchasing a CGC graded comic with a serial certification number of 0242499006, but this isn't found in the CGC database.  I'm concerned about being scammed as the seller explains that there aren't any notes for the 2.0 graded comic.  Is it normal for a cert number to not be found - or does that indicate the comic-grading may not be genuine?  The reason I'm investigating is because the seller said the comic's never been cleaned or pressed, but I don't know how he can tell this without grader notes.

Our server was down for a while over the weekend which prevented users from utilizing the cert lookup function. This is now working properly and you can see the book information as well as purchase the graders notes if you wish. 

https://www.cgccomics.com/certlookup/0242499006/

Waited 6 month for a comic to come back graded. Comes with multiple HUGE cracks in case. Now I have to send back and wait another 6 months probably, BUT to resubmit you need to enter cert # and ofcourse its not working...wtf. No free submission for the big wait and headache or anything. Just free shipping to get it reholdered. Nice business ya got here.

• Administrator
On 3/5/2022 at 5:26 AM, Rob Wilby said:

I have a book Daredevil 25 with reg 3760386015, it comes back with not in registry, I have this graded myself so can this be fixed

dd25f.png

Hi @Rob Wilby,

Please reach out to the CGC registry admin via email or DM. This is an older thread and you may not get a response here. Best of luck!

registry@cgccomics.com