• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Astonishing Tales Club
5 5

135 posts in this topic

On 10/6/2021 at 10:51 PM, Microchip said:

Thats going to be a long ride as well.   The whole series has a lot of heat around it now, with Black Panther, Mockingbird, Kazar, Fin Fang Foom, Guardians of the Galaxy, and of course Deathlok.  It's jumped up in peoples radar for sure.

Whatever happened to wanting a book because you actually like it? The bandwagon jumping on brigade do my :censored: swede in. 

On 10/7/2021 at 12:26 PM, batmiesta said:

Whatever happened to wanting a book because you actually like it? The bandwagon jumping on brigade do my :censored: swede in. 

You're talking to the guy who won the first slabbed set award for Astonishing Tales back in 2008.   Back then, finding most of the books in 9.4/9.6 was a great result.  

The big issue to get was #8 the 25c square bound issue. It joined Conan #10, X-men #72, Sgt Fury #92, Millie the Model #192, in format, all October 1971 books, and the other issues were 15c that month.

My point is that the run has a lot of cross over aspects for more and more collectors now.   I've always regarded the title as under appreciated, so it's great to see that it's moved away from it's 2nd tier title status (thumbsu

Screen Shot 2021-10-07 at 12.51.44 pm.png

On 10/7/2021 at 4:19 AM, batmiesta said:

You stepped up for that even though it is the only 9.8, there are 3 #27's in 9.8 so should be easier. O.o

I see two out of three books are already in top sets on the collectors registry.    Dam!

On 10/6/2021 at 10:18 PM, Microchip said:

On 10/6/2021 at 10:18 PM, Microchip said:

My point is that the run has a lot of cross over aspects for more and more collectors now.   I've always regarded the title as under appreciated, so it's great to see that it's moved away from it's 2nd tier title status (thumbsu

Screen Shot 2021-10-07 at 12.51.44 pm.png

MC,

Agreed, definitely getting some love in the higher grades.  :takeit:

Paul

On 1/14/2022 at 9:42 PM, Microchip said:

Astonishing to say the least!

dikran1 said: 

Holy moly was not expecting that hammer price… :whatthe: Guess I’ll forget about that registry set… 

3C9211D4-BC3A-4DD9-B44D-14976BE78B31.jpeg

In some years that may considered cheap, lol - and it's already registered:

tgr.thumb.png.463df03e0060bc4ba5d3d7d692d5759b.png

- but only 2 sales since 2013, most probably happen on Comiclink and they aren't part of the GPAnalysis registry, sadly. 

On 1/15/2022 at 10:35 PM, Rune said:

In some years that may considered cheap, lol - and it's already registered:

tgr.thumb.png.463df03e0060bc4ba5d3d7d692d5759b.png

- but only 2 sales since 2013, most probably happen on Comiclink and they aren't part of the GPAnalysis registry, sadly. 

Correct.

Probably what could be more indicative would be the 9.6 sales figures.  There are plenty of copies popping up.

@Runeare you happy to share what you paid for your stunning 9.8 copy?   I'm guessing, well under the Heritage result.  

On 1/17/2022 at 4:57 AM, Microchip said:

Correct.

Probably what could be more indicative would be the 9.6 sales figures.  There are plenty of copies popping up.

@Runeare you happy to share what you paid for your stunning 9.8 copy?   I'm guessing, well under the Heritage result.  

Thanks for the kind words, I got mine about 5 years ago for close to 1k - back then there were just 4 copies. Today there're 8 books in the CGC Census. Took me years to find a copy - many covers had too much misalignment, and I only wanted a copy with pure white pages. Now with 8 copies, it seems you can find these books everywhere ;-) 

Edited by Rune