• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver Age Sub-Mariner comics & appearances
6 6

470 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, Frisco Larson said:

Well this reprints a Subby story from the Golden Age, but any Subby fan buying it off the stands would certainly want to check it out!!! 

Marvel Super-heroes #1 9.6 Fantucchio.jpg

This book, along with Fantasy Masterpieces 3&4 at first confused, and then amazed a 10-year-old me.  It's how I found out that Marvel had published superhero books long before FF 1.  There was a whole 'nother aspect to the superhero books (and "unfolding universe")that I loved and had no idea about.  :smile:   A revelation.

28 minutes ago, Unca Ben said:

This book, along with Fantasy Masterpieces 3&4 at first confused, and then amazed a 10-year-old me.  It's how I found out that Marvel had published superhero books long before FF 1.  There was a whole 'nother aspect to the superhero books (and "unfolding universe")that I loved and had no idea about.  :smile:   A revelation.

That's AWESOME that you were amazed by it and looked back to the Golden Age!!! I'd like to believe I'd have been the exact same way. I mean, something like that eventually DID happen for me, but I bought Bronze age off the spinner rack, so I had no knowledge of the Golden Age at all, barely any of the Silver Age even. 

21 minutes ago, mikeyc67 said:

My favourite Subby cover

IMG_1816.jpg

WoW!!!!! I can't begin to tell you how happy this makes me!!!!! Just seeing this many copies in one place is extraordinary!!!! I even see a pair of pence copies in there!!!! Very, VERY cool indeed!!! (worship)