• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver Age Sub-Mariner comics & appearances
6 6

470 posts in this topic

On 5/25/2023 at 9:41 AM, Straw-Man said:

this upgrade was a looooooong time comin'!!!   all silver-age subby covers now with the desired "9" on front, except ff 4, and that's likely to stay at 8.0.

tta71.jpg

Well done Billy Boy!!! I was surprised that it took so long for a copy of this to surface in the grade range you were looking for! Tougher book than I thought!!! Beautiful copy my friend and congrats on completing the goal!!!  :applause:

On 5/25/2023 at 10:41 AM, Straw-Man said:

this upgrade was a looooooong time comin'!!!   all silver-age subby covers now with the desired "9" on front, except ff 4, and that's likely to stay at 8.0.

tta71.jpg

TTA #71 and #73 were extremely tough for me to find in 9.4.  To the point where my only solution was to buy 9.6s and then find someone who was willing to trade up to the 9.6s for their 9.4s (+ cash).

image.thumb.jpeg.2ee3513f32531ab76a5a38098f8a603b.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.945990f64ef02be9d9003cf295821d7a.jpeg

Edited by Sweet Lou 14

On 6/19/2023 at 5:30 AM, Frisco Larson said:

That Daredevil #7 is one of my favorite stand alone stories of the Silver Age! SO much going on in that book! Great story, new DD costume, awesome cover!!! A classic!!!

I truly believe issue 7 is the second most important issue of Daredevil comics after issue 1 his first appearance.

Great story with a new improved and still to this day one of Marvel comics best ever costumes for one of their characters. Also the introduction of his billy club as well.

I have two copies after a recent upgrade.

image.thumb.jpg.3e9ec34a559f5fc42bd3e124035865ff.jpg

Edited by southern cross
Added information

On 6/19/2023 at 9:51 AM, southern cross said:

I truly believe issue 7 is the second most important issue of Daredevil comics after issue 1 his first appearance.

Great story with a new improved and still to this day one of Marvel comics best ever costumes for one of their characters. Also the introduction of his billy club as well.

I have two copies after a recent upgrade.

image.thumb.jpg.3e9ec34a559f5fc42bd3e124035865ff.jpg

That's a great book to have an extra copy of!!! All it's going to do is become worth more as time goes along!!!  (thumbsu