• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Muy Caliente - Show Your Spicy Side
5 5

98 posts in this topic

On 11/27/2021 at 8:36 PM, Pulpvault said:

Back in 2003, my book on the spicy pulps, "Uncovered: The Hidden Art of the Girlie Pulps," was published by Adventure House.  Hard to believe that was 18 years ago!  The book contains over 400 spicy pulp covers in full color, along with around 40,000 words of text detailing the history of the spicy pulps.  I thought that I'd long since sold out of any copies I had, but in cleaning our basement I found an unopened box of them.  If you're interested in buying a copy, or learning more, shoot me a message.  They're $40 postage paid (media mail) within the U.S.; shipping charges to other countries will vary.

@Pulpvault thanks for getting a copy of this to me.... I had no idea how lavish it would be.... and thanks for the autograph :cloud9: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 1/17/2022 at 2:39 PM, Joshua33 said:

It is a killer coffee table book. I'm running out of room!!!

16424518472422703168914987101960.jpg

I'm glad you also like "The Art of the Pulps."  That was a fun one to do.

On 1/17/2022 at 11:12 AM, jimjum12 said:

@Pulpvault thanks for getting a copy of this to me.... I had no idea how lavish it would be.... and thanks for the autograph :cloud9: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 1/17/2022 at 4:39 PM, Joshua33 said:

I'd like a bonified Horror Pulp table book, but haven't found one yet. Any suggestions?

Horror in the Twentieth Century by Robert Weinberg covers pulps, but also other stuff.  But it's a great book.  Stephen Jones' book, The Art of Horror, also has some great pulp covers but also covers non-pulp stuff.

On 2/24/2022 at 6:32 PM, Pulpvault said:

My shelves of the four Spicy titles - Adventure, Detective, Mystery & Western - as well as the Saucy pulps.  I'm still looking for the December 1940 Spicy Western to complete my runs of the four Spicy titles.

spicy adventure & detective shelves.jpg

spicy detective & mystery.jpg

spicy mystery & western & saucy titles.jpg

Wow! That is a pretty amazing feat!

On 3/3/2022 at 10:01 PM, Pulpvault said:

About 20 years ago, I was fortunate enough to be able to buy about three dozen copies of Spicy Mystery, several of which were in very nice shape.  Here's some of 'em - 6/35, 10/35, 11/35, 2/36, 3/36, 4/36 and 11/36.

Spicy Mystery 1935 06.jpg

spicy mystery 1935 10.jpg

Spicy Mystery 1935 11.jpg

spicy mystery 1936 02.jpg

Spicy Mystery 1936 03.jpg

Spicy Mystery 1936 04.jpg

Spicy Mystery 1936 11.jpg

SATAN'S MISTRESS!!!  I love that cover so much I put it on a t-shirt.  Hell, I may swipe one of these other images to put on another one.  Amazing stuff!

On 3/4/2022 at 10:26 AM, pmpknface said:

SATAN'S MISTRESS!!!  I love that cover so much I put it on a t-shirt.  Hell, I may swipe one of these other images to put on another one.  Amazing stuff!

Post a picture of a t-shirt 👍‼️🎶