• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The WEIRD TALES Thread: Collecting The Unique Magazine
5 5

367 posts in this topic

On 1/22/2023 at 3:56 AM, Pulpvault said:

Here's another of the Weird Tales which arrived yesterday, which will be auctioned in the Saturday night auction at this year's Windy City Pulp and Paper Convention (April 21-23, 2023 at the Westin Lombard Yorktown Center in Lombard, IL).

This one is the October 1933 issue, which among other tales features Robert E. Howard's Conan novelette, "The Pool of the Black One," as well as a reprint of H.P. Lovecraft's "The Festival" and Clark Ashton Smith's, "The Seed of the Sepulcher."

Weird Tales 1933 10 shot 1.jpg

Weird Tales 1933 10 shot 2.jpg

🤩 wow it is a dream of mine to get this WT cover… 

On 1/27/2023 at 9:55 PM, Pulpvault said:

Here's another of the absolutely beautiful issues of Weird Tales that will be in the Saturday night auction at this year's Windy City Pulp and Paper Convention (April 21-23, 2023 at the Westin Lombard Yorktown Center). This one is dated September 1935 with a lovely Brundage cover.

Weird Tales 1935 09.jpg

Great condition‼️👍✔️

On 5/13/2023 at 5:05 PM, Hibou said:

In terms of the 1938 issues of Weird Tales, is there one issue that's more coveted or rare among WT collectors?

There's none that's an obvious stand-out, I think.  The Brundage covers are generally more in demand than the others, although the February cover by Finlay is pretty popular as well.  I think it's possible the relatively more sedate Brundage covers later in the year are less coveted than the first few.

With all that said, there's nothing like October 1933 or even July 1936 that stands out as the big demand issue of the year that I'm aware of.

Edited by OtherEric

On 5/13/2023 at 8:14 PM, OtherEric said:

There's none that's an obvious stand-out, I think.  The Brundage covers are generally more in demand than the others, although the February cover by Finlay is pretty popular as well.  I think it's possible the relatively more sedate Brundage covers later in the year are less coveted than the first few.

With all that said, there's nothing like October 1933 or even July 1936 that stands out as the big demand issue of the year that I'm aware of.

Yes, the October 1933 issue is definitely a treasure to try to obtain!