• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show your AMAZING STORIES covers.
2 2

101 posts in this topic

On 5/25/2021 at 12:43 AM, OtherEric said:
On 5/24/2021 at 11:54 PM, jimjum12 said:

Half the Pulps on my want list are there because Dwight, Eric, and Todd showed them to me :golfclap: GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

I thought your profile pic looked familiar... :bigsmile:

Heritage ought to send bottles of rare wine to each of youse for highlighting this field of collectibles like you have. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Amazing Stories (August, 1931 v6#5). "Tractor beam" was coined by American science fiction author E. E. Smith in 1931 in his novel Spacehounds of IPC, first serialized in this pulp!

2075365206_AmazingStories(v65August1931).thumb.JPG.7ecb7e7f0c44f3cc00964920d7a06de8.JPG

Yeah Baby squared!!   (thumbsu(thumbsu

Edited by Pantodude

On 4/30/2021 at 3:13 PM, Robot Man said:

Nice run! 

That July issue with the big fly has always been a favorite of mine!

That big fly made me think of the 1950's sci-fi movie "Them!".

On 7/22/2023 at 12:33 AM, Primetime said:

Received my first two, ginormous (8” x 11”) bedsheet AS pulps in the mail today….

March, 1928 

Classic 🌙moonbeam🌙 death 💀 ray cover by Frank R. Paul. I love the dragon 🐉 on the chest of Mr. Fu-Manchu, the dragons 🐉 along the side of the building, and the ninja 🥷 looking 👀 dudes. The moonbeam of death appears to be powered by that massive gem 💎 Thanks @Amerifor showing it to me. I was immediately hooked. 

@BitterOldMan do you like it? 

IMG_3891.jpeg

IMG_3894.jpeg

I have never seen this amazing Yellow Peril cover.  I have read the Fu Manchu clones, the Mysterious Wu Fang and Dr. Yen Sin. Sax Rohmer sued them out of business.

In the truly horrible 1961 Hammer film, “Terror of the Tongs”, starring Christopher Lee as the villain, there is a scene where after a wild night of debauchery, including an orgy and drugs, a hatchet man is sent to kill an envoy, who has incriminating evidence against the tongs.  

As the victim disembarks, the assassin shouts in Cantonese, “F’ You!”  Even though I was born in the United States, my first language is Cantonese, dialect of the ghetto Chinese from Hong Kong and Southern China.

As my college room mate would tell me, many men smoke, but Fu Manchu.  😫 

Got this one today. I was curious about the scientifiction emblem. It was introduced in this Sept 1928 issue. A contest was held and they took a little bit of the 1st prize winner, 2nd prize winner and 3rd prize winner submissions to come up with the finished piece. I read that Paul put together the finished piece. 

scan0558.jpg

20230725_143451.jpg

20230725_143736.jpg

20230725_143807.jpg