• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The "SHUDDER" Pulps ....
3 3

211 posts in this topic

On 1/16/2023 at 12:46 AM, OtherEric said:

Interesting catch!  There's enough of both similarities and differences that I wonder if they're both referencing a third original, rather than the Vampi swiping directly from the pulp cover.

In one of the Vampirella art books that someone has posted before, I remember seeing photos of models being posed for Enrich as reference. Perhaps there’s more info in the book.

On 1/17/2023 at 2:01 AM, Flex Mentallo said:

...and Girasol produced five leather bound volumes of complete pulp covers before going bust. Of which the third focuses on the shudder pulps. I may shudder when browsing but at least I don't sneeze!

Pulp Cover Gallery Vol. 3 - Weird Menace.jpg

30642260488_2.jpg

30642260488_3.jpg

30642260488_4.jpg

30642260488_5.jpg

Man are those cool!

On 1/17/2023 at 4:58 AM, Flex Mentallo said:

Unfortunately pulps aggravate my asthma. So I collect books on the subject instead. I assume everyone is familiar with the Illustrated Press?

Walter Baumhofer.jpg

Norman Saunders.jpg

Naurman Sanders is awesom

On 1/21/2023 at 2:24 PM, FoggyNelson said:

Naurman Sanders is awesom

One of our favorites, right, Foggy?

I like HJ Ward as well. [Though not so shudder-some!] Sad that he died at the tender age of 35, so we never got to see what he might have done with, say post-war detective, crime and war mag covers as we did with Saunders!

HJ Ward.jpg