• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Saucy Movie Tales, Mystery Adventurers, Saucy Romantic Tales
3 3

34 posts in this topic

I love the Saucys. Maybe even better than the Spicys. Among the hardest pulps to find. I have only seen them in pictures & never owned one. The shark cover is probably my favorite. For the time being, I can only live vicariously through you guys. Keep ‘em coming!

2 hours ago, RedFury said:

Saucy Stories, Apr 1936

Norman "Blaine" Saunders cover

One of my top favorite covers in my collection.  It was on my wish-list for a long time before a 4-way trade sent this book my way from Dwight a few months ago.

saCKwEih.jpg

zP0GHMdl.jpg

6CsIhhXl.jpg

Looks brand new!

4 hours ago, RedFury said:

Saucy Stories, Apr 1936

One of my top favorite covers in my collection.  It was on my wish-list for a long time before a 4-way trade sent this book my way from Dwight a few months ago.

saCKwEih.jpg

zP0GHMdl.jpg

6CsIhhXl.jpg

For whatever reason the group of saucy movie tales (more than what I posted), mystery adventures, saucy romantic tales,  and the Saucy Stories that Todd posted, all came from the same collection that I purchased,  and all had white paper!!

Edited by detective35DF

On 7/11/2020 at 11:45 PM, detective35 said:

A site for Saucy Movie Tales, Mystery Adventurers, Saucy Romantic Tales!

I will get it going with few pics below, then post away! 👍

98BA805C-BBB0-4920-9DE3-AA475A0D3188.jpeg

I will never get over the fact that this magazine was printed and then sold on newsstands across America in the 1930s. 

On 7/12/2020 at 11:16 AM, RedFury said:

Saucy Stories, Apr 1936

zP0GHMdl.jpg

If not for the (slight) wear at the bottom, I would swear this was a recent reprint.