• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s STAR WARS: THE BAD BATCH (2021)
1 1

130 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Cozmo-One said:

I'm making my way through clone wars now (just started really). Should I wait to watch this until I finish Clone Wars series?

I think it’s a good idea to watch clone wars first because it help understand things such as what’s going on with echo and explains his story pre bad batch also other characters who are seen are also to do with the clone wars to so probably advise you to watch clone wars first

1 hour ago, Cozmo-One said:

I'm making my way through clone wars now (just started really). Should I wait to watch this until I finish Clone Wars series?

You could just watch CW season 7 and understand it all but that would ruin your experience with that series, so I would say yes and watch Bad Batch after.

32 minutes ago, chezmtghut said:

I really enjoyed this episode. I'm not sure if this will be considered three in one, but I'd be more than happy if they had a similar runtime.

Episode 2 is Friday and 31 minutes.  I would assume that's the norm going forward but that's about 10 minutes more than CW or Rebel episodes. 

14 hours ago, I like pie said:

Smooth transition from Clone Wars. Loved the first episode except for a certain rebels star voice in the beginning, though it was cool he returned.

I actually liked the easter egg/cameo appearance (whatever you wanna call it).

10 hours ago, Cozmo-One said:

You should absolutely hold off on watching Bad Batch until after you finish Clone Wars.

Spoiler

That intro hit me with the same amount of dread as the opening to Endgame.  A sense of "oh no no no...I know how this is going to end."  I think having seen Rebels only heightened the tension because there was now an emotional connection to a character.  It's amazing what Siege of Mandalore did for Order 66.  Revisiting Revenge of the Sith just hits different.  And same with the Bad Batch opening.

This show is getting a lot of positive attention.

The Bad Batch is here and they are a force to be reckoned with. The Disney+ show is a sequel to the Clone Wars and the first episode is true to its title – Aftermath. This is a direct continuation of the story that concluded in the Clone Wars, which will make you feel as if you never left this world. And it reminded you of how the animated shows franchise is absolutely winning at the Star Wars game.

Order 66 is carried out when we first see The Bad Batch arrive on screen. It’s an ominous and intense struggle that our unconventional band of brothers is thrown into. Let’s slow down for a second – I don’t want to reveal too many spoilers here. However, if you’re a Star Wars fan, then you know what the events of Order 66 mean. It’s a big event for the show to have The Bad Batch focus on in their first episode and let’s you know the kind of feel that this show will have.

If you’re a fan of Clone Wars and came to The Bad Batch because of it, you will be satisfied. The animation style holds up and watching the crew will give you the same sort of connection to its predecessor. Though the show focuses on this batch of clones, the star of the show is clearly Omega. Her character will steal the show and I’m okay with it.

The Bad Batch starts its series off with a big twist, which will catapult the show into a much darker space than you expected. So far, with the animation style and story writing, it’s a great accompaniment to Rebels and Clone Wars. Starting with a lot of potential, I can’t wait to tune in next week.

5 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

This show is getting a lot of positive attention.

The one negative comment I've seen a lot was the handling of a certain character in the beginning.  And apparently how it conflicts with a comic book.  I haven't read said comic, but the negative comment popped up more than once on Reddit.  (Guess I'll have to read the issue myself to see what everyone means.)

12 hours ago, I like pie said:

Episode 2 is Friday and 31 minutes.  I would assume that's the norm going forward but that's about 10 minutes more than CW or Rebel episodes. 

That's nearly 50% longer, which is great news. I didn't know the next episode was Friday either, so thank you for the update.

21 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

Check out this garbage written by someone who doesn’t really know the subject matter they are writing about. 

Steaming Pile

This may be the worst article on the show. Not sure which was the worst part. The parts about Ahsoka's age clearly show the writer has limited knowledge of the show.

Edited by Rip

On 5/5/2021 at 2:49 AM, ExNihilo said:
On 5/4/2021 at 4:44 PM, Cozmo-One said:

You should absolutely hold off on watching Bad Batch until after you finish Clone Wars.

He's got roughly 133 episodes and 50 hours of catching up to do spread across some amount of time that for most people is likely to be 6+ months.  Holding off a year or more might be a bit much.

I'm in a similar boat except that I'm midway through season 4, but I only get enough free time to watch about one episode every week or two.  So I wouldn't be able to watch for a few years at that rate.  Some of the character arcs might get slightly spoiled, but the concept of the show doesn't sound like much of a spoiler, nor does how it fits into the Star Wars time continuity.  We've been watching these films out of order all along, so what compelling bit about the Bad Batch clones gets ruined by watching this now as opposed to later?  I mean, yea, ideally you'd watch Episodes I through III before IV through VI, but everyone born before 1990 did that without much issue at the time.

57 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

He's got roughly 133 episodes and 50 hours of catching up to do spread across some amount of time that for most people is likely to be 6+ months.  Holding off a year or more might be a bit much.

I'm in a similar boat except that I'm midway through season 4, but I only get enough free time to watch about one episode every week or two.  So I wouldn't be able to watch for a few years at that rate.  Some of the character arcs might get slightly spoiled, but the concept of the show doesn't sound like much of a spoiler, nor does how it fits into the Star Wars time continuity.  We've been watching these films out of order all along, so what compelling bit about the Bad Batch clones gets ruined by watching this now as opposed to later?  I mean, yea, ideally you'd watch Episodes I through III before IV through VI, but everyone born before 1990 did that without much issue at the time.

I'd like to think there are certain moments or easter eggs that are better appreciated having understood the back story behind them.  One character of the Bad Batch constitutes a spoiler if you haven't seen certain Clone Wars episodes.  You could watch just the Bad Batch arc from Clone Wars and jump into the Bad Batch show, but certain story beats don't hit with (what I believe to be) the same affect.  It's like when people ask if they can read Hickman's Secret Wars by itself.  Well, sure, you can, but it's recommended to at least go back and read Avengers/New Avengers first.  And if you want to fully understand Hickman's brilliance, then you should really go back and begin with his Fantastic Four.  Or to use movies as an example, I guarantee the ending to Infinity War hits differently for people who have been invested since Iron Man, versus casual people who had never seen a Marvel movie and just wanted to see what it was about.

The truth is, there's a lot of filler episodes in Clone Wars.  For anyone who wants to watch the show as quickly as possible, you can cut it down to about 60 episodes and still understand 95% of what it is that makes these characters who they are.  The problem is, you should then also watch Rebels if you have any intention of watching The Mandalorian (and beyond).

As someone who didn't watch The Clone Wars until last year after all the episodes had already aired, I don't know how people dealt with waiting a week between episodes for Season 7.  ESPECIALLY the Siege of Mandalore arc.  I know it's the same feeling while waiting for episodes of The Mandalorian or WandaVision or Falcon and the Winter Soldier, but I think having watched 7 seasons of this story (plus Rebels), I'm more heavily invested in these clones than I am Din Djarin for example.  I wish I could binge The Bad Batch.  The next 16 weeks are gonna be long.